Windows 10: File Explorer Downloads Folder

Discus and support File Explorer Downloads Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the 1903 update, the Download's folder in File Explorer is now showing a history of downloads, e.g., notice that Downloads is showing a download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jerry De La Cruz, Jun 22, 2019.

1. File Explorer Downloads Folder

After the 1903 update, the Download's folder in File Explorer is now showing a history of downloads, e.g., notice that Downloads is showing a download from "Last week (1)". How can I stop this folder from keeping track of downloads and have it behave as all the other system folders. File Explorer Downloads Folder f46882c8-ce5d-4fe8-ae46-f0ce85c53978?upload=true.png

:)

Jerry De La Cruz, Jun 22, 2019

2. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jun 22, 2019
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 22, 2019
  4. File Explorer Downloads Folder

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Downloads Folder

1. File Explorer Downloads Folder - Similar Threads - File Explorer Downloads

2. Cannot locate Downloads Folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate Downloads Folder in File Explorer: I have Windows 11 Home.I cannot locate the Downloads Folder in File Explorer anymore.I accidentally unpinned it.How do I get it back?I want to pin the Desktop folder and the Downloads folder actually.Thanks...
  3. Cannot locate Downloads Folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot locate Downloads Folder in File Explorer: I have Windows 11 Home.I cannot locate the Downloads Folder in File Explorer anymore.I accidentally unpinned it.How do I get it back?I want to pin the Desktop folder and the Downloads folder actually.Thanks...
  4. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  5. File explorer->downloads only showing folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer->downloads only showing folders: Recently when i checked my files to delete some stuff to make space for more. I noticed that i couldn't see any of my files other than my folder. I checked if it was to due with the view but wasn't that. I've tried restarting windows explorer but dosen't work. I know i...
  6. File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder: Hello,When I open file explorer, and I go to the downloads folder, the system app crashes. When it does, I have to stop it using task manager. It also causes other problems with the system, like my laptop screen going white, I have a monitor, and my taskbar not coming up, I...
  7. File Explorer can't open Downloads folder

File Explorer can't open Downloads folder: New laptop, latest Windows 10. If I try to view the Downloads folder from either Quick Access or directly under This PC, all I get is 'working on it'. Go to C;/users/../Downloads - no problem. Why?...
  8. Multiple folders in file explorer I haven't downloaded

Multiple folders in file explorer I haven't downloaded: A while ago these folders popped up in my hard drive, I've done a malwarebytes and windows anti virus test and they came negative, not sure what any of these are. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. file explorer crash when opening download folder

file explorer crash when opening download folder: Hi. I have some problem when I Open my download folder from D: drive already check the error and it's said Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...
  10. File Explorer is displaying folders at the very bottom in Downloads

File Explorer is displaying folders at the very bottom in Downloads: This is seriously screwing me up because I have A LOT of stuff in Downloads, and I depend on the folders being at the top. To clarify: Yes, I have refreshed the folder many times. Yes, I have closed and re-opened File Explorer. No, this is not happening in any of the...