Windows 10: File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives

Discus and support File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a system refresh of Windows 10 all external disk storage drives, Micro SD and USB are listed twice in file explorer. This is a common problem,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ldav2k9, Aug 17, 2015.

1. ldav2k9 Win User

File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives

After a system refresh of Windows 10 all external disk storage drives, Micro SD and USB are listed
    twice in file explorer. This is a common problem, reported many times in forums and community
    support web sites. Could a solution be to reload file explorer. Is this possible and where would I
    find the download?

:)

ldav2k9, Aug 17, 2015
  2. DigvinderSingh, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Duplicate microSD card entries in File Explorer

How do I eliminate the duplicate File Explorer entry for the microSD card on my Surface Pro 3?

BACKGROUND: I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 v.1511 from a USB drive. Everything went fine and I haven't added any apps, not even antivirus or browser, only the default apps. When I check file explorer there are two identical entries for the
    microSD. The top one isn't expanded (single line) and a folder list is shown under the second one. Under Settings>System>Storage, I've since set save locations for documents, music, pictures, and videos as Drive E: (microSD); but that was done after I noticed
    the duplicate entries. I've also checked the device manager for duplicate entries, but there are none. I've also removed the microSD card in device manager, shutdown, physically removed the card, restarted and reinserted the card. The duplicate entries are
    still there.

Thanks.

Bill

B_Phillips, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives - Similar Threads - File explorer Duplicate

2. External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.: When either USB flash drives or external hard drives for backup are plugged in any of the USB ports, they show up as duplicates in File Explorer. I have been having problems with Windows Backup, and it may be confused by this....
  3. External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drives are duplicated in File Explorer on Windows 11.: When either USB flash drives or external hard drives for backup are plugged in any of the USB ports, they show up as duplicates in File Explorer. I have been having problems with Windows Backup, and it may be confused by this....
  4. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  5. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  6. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Duplicate external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate external drives: Hi, Can anybody offer an explanation as to why when I plug in my "WD Ultra Passport "external drive I always get two copies showing in navigation panel, one reading files in descending order, the other in ascending order. They are the same files exactly. If I open MY PC it...
  8. Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives: In my PC tower I have two 1.0TB solid state drives (C and E). Connected externally I have two 2.0TB and one 3.0TB portable disc drives (G, H and I) and also a 16GB memory stick used as a ReadyBoost (drive F). In my Windows File Explorer Drives C and E show normally (i.e. once...
  9. Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer: Here is a screen shot of the left hand panel of File Explorer. Note it shows two entries for My Passport 1TB (X*Smile. That is, of course, my external USB drive. When I open either one of them the same file and folder list appears Why does that drive it show up twice? And,...
  10. Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer: Hello! It's the same as before, I thought I'd fixed it. I performed a restore from before the Windows Update on the 20th October. The duplicate drives had gone, however I could run any office programs. Excell said not enough memory when I opened it, I have 6gb. Word...