Windows 10: File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

Discus and support File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mustang53, Nov 25, 2021.

1. mustang53 Win User

File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is there any way to eliminate the duplicate displays?

:)

mustang53, Nov 25, 2021
  2. JJG10 Win User

Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer

Here is a screen shot of the left hand panel of File Explorer. Note it shows two entries for My Passport 1TB (XFile Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries :). That is, of course, my external USB drive. When I open either one of them the same file and folder list appears Why does that drive it show up twice? And, can I deleted one of them?

Thank you.

File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries [​IMG]

JJG10, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Duplicate microSD card entries in File Explorer

How do I eliminate the duplicate File Explorer entry for the microSD card on my Surface Pro 3?

BACKGROUND: I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 v.1511 from a USB drive. Everything went fine and I haven't added any apps, not even antivirus or browser, only the default apps. When I check file explorer there are two identical entries for the
    microSD. The top one isn't expanded (single line) and a folder list is shown under the second one. Under Settings>System>Storage, I've since set save locations for documents, music, pictures, and videos as Drive E: (microSD); but that was done after I noticed
    the duplicate entries. I've also checked the device manager for duplicate entries, but there are none. I've also removed the microSD card in device manager, shutdown, physically removed the card, restarted and reinserted the card. The duplicate entries are
    still there.

Thanks.

Bill

B_Phillips, Nov 25, 2021
  4. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up?

Here is what I am dealing with:

File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries [​IMG]

The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash drive is not necessary and I would like to remove one of them.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I think I found it here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

I'll give it a go and find out.

It appears that the drives listed under "This PC" are not considered duplicate listings and the reg file does not have any effect on those listings.

So imperially or practically, I guess I don't really have a duplicate listing of the drive unless the branch of "This PC" is expanded.

EyeInTheSky, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

1. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries - Similar Threads - File Explorer Duplicating

2. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  3. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  4. Duplication of entries

Duplication of entries: Last week, I was told my One Drive was almost full. I found that most of the entries had duplicated themselves. It took hours to go through and eliminate all of the duplicates. Whenever I add a photo to an album, if it begins a sync cycle, the photo duplicates itself, but...
  5. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a...
  6. Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives: In my PC tower I have two 1.0TB solid state drives (C and E). Connected externally I have two 2.0TB and one 3.0TB portable disc drives (G, H and I) and also a 16GB memory stick used as a ReadyBoost (drive F). In my Windows File Explorer Drives C and E show normally (i.e. once...
  7. File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives

File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives: After a system refresh of Windows 10 all external disk storage drives, Micro SD and USB are listed twice in file explorer. This is a common problem, reported many times in forums and community support web sites. Could a solution be to reload file explorer. Is this possible...
  8. Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer

Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer: Here is a screen shot of the left hand panel of File Explorer. Note it shows two entries for My Passport 1TB (X*Smile. That is, of course, my external USB drive. When I open either one of them the same file and folder list appears Why does that drive it show up twice? And,...
  9. Duplicate entries in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate entries in registry: I have found hundreds of duplicate entries in Windows 10 registry, is there a way to remove them simply? Just a few: [img] 99409
  10. Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer: Hello! It's the same as before, I thought I'd fixed it. I performed a restore from before the Windows Update on the 20th October. The duplicate drives had gone, however I could run any office programs. Excell said not enough memory when I opened it, I have 6gb. Word...