Windows 10: File Explorer Error After W10 update on 15 oct 2020

Discus and support File Explorer Error After W10 update on 15 oct 2020 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have no choice but to update my windows when I finished my works at evening. Because when I click shut down or restart, it will be being updated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AjengDinar, Oct 16, 2020.

1. File Explorer Error After W10 update on 15 oct 2020

I have no choice but to update my windows when I finished my works at evening. Because when I click shut down or restart, it will be being updated.

When I using my laptop again at night, suddenly file explorer keep on not responding whenever I did some action like copy and paste my files. So did when I pluggin on my flashdisk, it kept not responded.

Anyone know how to fix it?: I can not open my file or take actions to those.

:)

AjengDinar, Oct 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 update caused File Explorer display options to change

Following a major W10 update 15/09/2020 (OS build 19041.508) File Explorer is no longer showing the option of

File Rating,

and I can't see an option to turn it back on again. (typically several options get changed when there is an update, but in this case I can't set it back again).

Is this a known problem?

Thanks.

NigelGilligan1, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Motim Win User

File Explorer Error After W10 update on 15 oct 2020

File Explorer Freezes Sometimes

Hello,Thanks for the answer.Sorry for my delayed respond.Well,microsoft supports 1809 until May 2020, so I will stay with it for a while.Then going step by step and upgrade to 1903 first, install updates etc.Thanks again

Motim, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Error After W10 update on 15 oct 2020

1. File Explorer Error After W10 update on 15 oct 2020 - Similar Threads - File Explorer Error

2. Windows 10 Oct 2020 Update Fails with error: 0x800707E7 - 0x3000D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Oct 2020 Update Fails with error: 0x800707E7 - 0x3000D: Hi, I am trying to update my Windows 10 Version 2004 build 19041.572 with October 2020. I have tried with Settings -> Update and Security -> Check updates. This returns with no updates available. Hence, I am trying to update it manually. I have tried with Windows 10...
  3. Help on Oct 2020 update confusion

Help on Oct 2020 update confusion: Hi yesterday October 18, I had to do the update and restart my laptop, which took over an hour for it to complete. But today after signing into my laptop, this appeared in my power button and now I am concerned that maybe yesterday's update and restart didn't work as it...
  4. Unable to RDP to Windows Server 2016 after latest update Oct 2020

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to RDP to Windows Server 2016 after latest update Oct 2020: We have a new Windows 2016 server, hosted under VMWare ESXi 6.5u1. The host does not have a 3d accelerator, and none is presented to Windows 2016 I have a Windows 2016 Server 1607, hosted under VMWare ESXi 6. The host doesn't habe a 3D accelerator and none is presented to...
  5. Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020

Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020: Dear The window was updated on 18 October 2020. The first thing was That firefox was not working, Its shows that "Already firefox is running, its not responding" Something like that Besides that The Bar "Type here to search" is also not showing anything. When I checked...
  6. Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020: I have seen an annoying change in my computer's behavior since a recent Windows update. I have a small work space and have a large monitor sitting on my closed laptop. Before this change I could get my computer to wake up by moving the mouse or hitting Enter on the wireless...
  7. Searchapp.exe error after update of 2020

in Cortana
    Searchapp.exe error after update of 2020: Hi all since update of 2020 I get following error - only for the other user accounts. Tried with new account = same error. Not so on my account - there everything works fine Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.153, time stamp: 0x0ba6e048...
  8. Autoscrolling issue after 1/15/2020 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autoscrolling issue after 1/15/2020 update: It's NOT my mouse or keyboard. I can't use a few different programs on my computer now because it automatically scrolls vertically or horizontally. I can't even uninstall the latest update, because on that page, the uninstall link is at the TOP of the page and it auto...
  9. Critical Update 1/15/2020?

Critical Update 1/15/2020?: I received a pop-up in Windows gold Box saying that I needed to restart my computer for the latest critical update for Windows. Now I cannot boot from my recovery usb. It does not repair anything. From the list of restore points, one was listed as a critical update today. I...
  10. Oct Update Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Oct Update Corrupted Files: Hello, since the October Update happened, I've had numerous problems, like my pin getting reset and my wifi not fuctioning. I had it for over a week, but I did an sfc scan it it revealed that I have corrupted files. I also cannot restore the laptop and the wifi tab in...