Windows 10: File Explorer error message

Discus and support File Explorer error message in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just tried to open explorer.exe and got: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action..." The program works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Newmaven, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Newmaven Win User

File Explorer error message

I just tried to open explorer.exe and got: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action..."

The program works fine if I click on a folder--it just won't open on its own.

I had this problem (without the error message) in Win 7, but it went away when I first installed Win 10--now it's back.

:)

Newmaven, Aug 10, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 10, 2016
  3. File Explorer error message

Hi Bart,

In most cases, this issue is caused by incorrect registry entries or a third-party program that prevents opening files on your computer. We recommend booting your computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists. If not, we suggest performing a clean
    boot on your computer.

For your reference, check this article on how to start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10. Also, click this
    link on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  5. manish9009, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Newmaven Win User
    I've done this several times, and nothing changes.

Newmaven, Aug 15, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 15, 2016
  8. Newmaven Win User

Had not done it before because it did not seem to be for Win 10, but I did it now and it worked. Thanks!

Newmaven, Aug 16, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 16, 2016
  10. This was what worked for me:

https://superuser.com/questions/7205...as-no-program#

"change the default view of File Explorer from Quick Access to This PC. Go to Control Panel, File Explorer Options and change the "Open File Explorer to" option to "This PC". Then you'll be able to open File Explorer."

LordLiverpool, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer error message - Similar Threads - File Explorer error

2. File Explorer Error

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Error: Hello,Recently I'm getting error messages in windows file explorer after deleting or moving folders, they are still in the list. But pointing at them, get this error message, see attached screen shot. Have to restart the file explorer in Task Manager.Answers will be...
  3. Frequent "File Explorer: explorer.exe - Application Error" Message Occuring!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent "File Explorer: explorer.exe - Application Error" Message Occuring!: I don't know why but recently (maybe the last couple of months) explorer seems to crash and keeps giving me these messages. It's becoming very annoying, how can I resolve this? Screenshot Examples submitted by /u/JLChamberlain42 [link] [comments]...
  4. Error Message File not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Message File not found: When I boot up my computer I get message the "c:\windows\System 32\LogiLDA.dll file not found. What is this for and how do I repair it? Do I need to repair? If not how do I get rid of message? Just recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10....
  5. A+ VCE "error loading file" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A+ VCE "error loading file" message: A+VCE does not work anymore. The app developpers "On-labs" are out of business. And obviously microsoft support team could not help to fix the issue. When you ask about Refund. After losing your time talking and chatting with Microsoft billing guys. Will not approve it...
  6. Error message downloading a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message downloading a file: adobe acrobat reader could not open encrypted _cnm_ 17 pmap because it is either not a supported file type or https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-downloading-a-file/4851ec35-a8fd-4ab4-b5e6-04fd65998af4"
  7. Windows File Explorer stuck on ‘Working on it…’ message

in Windows 10 News
    Windows File Explorer stuck on ‘Working on it…’ message: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows File Explorer is one of the most useful utilities on a computer running Windows 10. It is one of the most feature-loaded File Managers out there on all the platforms. But the main issue is when you are [...] This post Windows File Explorer stuck...
  8. error message there are no more files

in Windows 10 Customization
    error message there are no more files: I have an older Asus laptop running Windows 10 64 bit....I get an error message "there are not more files" when attemting to save a file from Open Office, Photoshop, or e-mail attachments....I can save from Microsoft word and Excel.......
  9. "We can't open this file" message in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "We can't open this file" message in File Explorer: This morning I attempted to view a few jpg's in File Explorer and found it generated this message: "We can't open this file"... I can't open any image any longer... It worked beautifully last night... I want to be able to continue to use File Explorer... I searched the net...
  10. "unspecified error" on file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    "unspecified error" on file explorer: when i pin a partition, library, or anything else to the quick access, it doesn't pin. then it shows this error: "C:\Users\\Desktop Unspecified error" any solutions? 91547