Windows 10: File Explorer exiting unexpectedly

Discus and support File Explorer exiting unexpectedly in Cortana to solve the problem; I am trying to clean my system of softonic, webdiscover and downloadmyinboxhelper viruses. I am using File Explorer to locate the content. Explorer... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Tom Magaro, Dec 4, 2018.

1. File Explorer exiting unexpectedly

I am trying to clean my system of softonic, webdiscover and downloadmyinboxhelper viruses. I am using File Explorer to locate the content. Explorer finds multiple entries for each virus, but for some reason it exits during the search. Can someone explain why this happens.

Thanks

Tom Magaro

:)

Tom Magaro, Dec 4, 2018

2. windows explorer closes unexpectedly after windows 10 update

Hi Sanjay,

There are several reasons why the Windows Explorer is closing unexpectedly. This may include an outdated video driver or the system files on your PC may be corrupted or mismatched with other files. Answering the following questions may help us in resolving
    the issue:

• Aside from the Windows 10 Update, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error message or code are you getting when the Windows Explorer closes unexpectedly?
    • Were you able to install all pending updates on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Kensley Win User
    File Explorer closes unexpectedly

When I open file explorer, and then open files within file explorer, the window were my files are located unexpectedly closes. This happens often. When this happens, the taskbar at the bottom seems to go blank and reset itself. Please help.

Kensley, Dec 4, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

File Explorer exiting unexpectedly

File Explorer

What I saw from the Disk Management, You did not do a clean install, you probably did an in place upgrade. The 100MB System Reserved is normally used in Window 7. For a fresh install the Disk partition scheme should be as follows:
    1. 500 MB System Reserved partition
    2. C- Drive.
    Since you did not have to many apps installed, I would re-install Windows 10 as suggested above. It is better to have your Windows installed on the first sata port (Disk 0) so I suggest to open the case and connect the cable from disk 0 to disk 2 where you have C: drive. Disconnect the other cables for now and do the steps below:
    1. Boot up with Windows installation media
    2. On the first screen. Press SHIFT + F10 and type
      diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. Continue with Installation, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not create partition/format. Let Windows create the needed partitions.
    4. Once done, reconnect the other cables for drive D and E.
    5. Reboot, your Disk 0 should contain 500MB system reserved and C drive.

topgundcp, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer exiting unexpectedly

1. File Explorer exiting unexpectedly - Similar Threads - File Explorer exiting

2. How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen: Whenever I F11 any app File Explorer just opens. I already tried updating my GPU drivers from GeForce experience and using DISM and sfc. It's really annoying as I frequently press F11....
  3. Giant Minimize Maximize Exit Buttons File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Giant Minimize Maximize Exit Buttons File Explorer: When I woke up today I noticed my buttons are really huge now. My computer was on the whole time too. I installed a new monitor yesterday thats 1920x1080, instead of my laptops 1600x900 but Im not sure this is the reason why its displaying like that. Anybody know why its like...
  4. Giant Minimize Maximize Exit Buttons File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Giant Minimize Maximize Exit Buttons File Explorer: When I woke up today I noticed my buttons are really huge now. My computer was on the whole time too. I installed a new monitor yesterday thats 1920x1080, instead of my laptops 1600x900 but Im not sure this is the reason why its displaying like that. Anybody know why its like...
  5. How to stop unexpected errors in Files Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop unexpected errors in Files Explorer?: I'm finding the unexpected errors very annoying and would like for them to go away once and for all. Is there a fix to this in order to make them go away forever? I hate this popup very much....
  6. How to stop unexpected errors in Files Explorer?

How to stop unexpected errors in Files Explorer?: I'm finding the unexpected errors very annoying and would like for them to go away once and for all. Is there a fix to this in order to make them go away forever? I hate this popup very much....
  7. The cloud provider exited unexpectedly Error 0x0070194

The cloud provider exited unexpectedly Error 0x0070194: The cloud provider exited unexpectedly Error 0x0070194Shortcuts on desktop unexpectedly converted from Google to "e" and when I try to access them I get The cloud provider exited unexpectedly Error 0x0070194Google is my default browser. Shortcuts I add now are "Google", but...
  8. The cloud provider exited unexpectedly Error 0x0070194

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The cloud provider exited unexpectedly Error 0x0070194: The cloud provider exited unexpectedly Error 0x0070194Shortcuts on desktop unexpectedly converted from Google to "e" and when I try to access them I get The cloud provider exited unexpectedly Error 0x0070194Google is my default browser. Shortcuts I add now are "Google", but...
  9. The cloud provider exited unexpectedly Error 0x0070194

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Exitting / end-tasking File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Exitting / end-tasking File Explorer: I've found the easiest way to exit / end-task File Explorer in Windows 10- so, if anyone wants an easy method, then just refer to this post: If you're encountering a problem / bug with your Windows 10 system, and a website told you to end-task File Explorer: Move your...