Windows 10: File Explorer explanation

Discus and support File Explorer explanation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to follow a previous thread regarding the multiple document folders. Is there a explanation of the purpose of these folders? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zeb McKinon, May 21, 2019.

1. File Explorer explanation

I was trying to follow a previous thread regarding the multiple document folders. Is there a explanation of the purpose of these folders? I have files going to different places making it difficult to stay organized.

:)

Zeb McKinon, May 21, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, May 21, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, May 21, 2019
  4. File Explorer explanation

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 21, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer explanation

1. File Explorer explanation - Similar Threads - File Explorer explanation

2. Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files: I noticed that my PC has been running slower lately and decided to do several security scans with the available Microsoft tools. Through the Virus and Threat Protection on the Windows Security it found this virus Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml.After having the script stated above...
  3. Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files: I noticed that my PC has been running slower lately and decided to do several security scans with the available Microsoft tools. Through the Virus and Threat Protection on the Windows Security it found this virus Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml.After having the script stated above...
  4. Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. grey explanation mark

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    grey explanation mark: Recently I bought a game called Rec Room on the Microsoft Store and when I checked on it it had a grey explanation mark what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-explanation-mark/7fcdf924-73f3-4f7f-9cda-f5c3fb7debfd
  6. Windows Explorer white bar "bug", explanation in comments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer white bar "bug", explanation in comments: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/marqzofsiwa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/llkcdk/windows_explorer_white_bar_bug_explanation_in/
  7. Need explanation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need explanation: If my dxdiag shows me dx12, why i cant play games with dx11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-explanation/6318ba80-7e5d-4f02-afeb-26d913973da4
  8. SBMATray Application explanation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SBMATray Application explanation: For people who use viper like me for their windows PC, maybe you got adware or something, decided to look in task manager and found it for the first time. Don't worry though because it is NOT a virus or anything bad. it is a application of viper. if its green then why is it...
  9. Explanation of disk format?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Explanation of disk format?: I have a PC which was previously WIn 7, upgraded to Win 10 (currently Windows 10.0.18362), it is my stepson's, so no idea of who set it up and how. (it's Disk 1 because I recently duplicated his old spinning metal drive to an SSD) [img] [img] As you can see from the...
  10. Information WITHOUT Explanation...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Information WITHOUT Explanation...: Hello Community Members... I want to know HOW TO get the information about the Process Tab in Task Manager and I right-click for properties... WHERE can I find how to read this dialog box FREE/PAID in a book OR website... How come others know about this but we/I...