Windows 10: File Explorer - Explorer Bar

Discus and support File Explorer - Explorer Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The explorer bar window on my File Explorer seems to think it's re-sizable now, and when I move my mouse over it, the icon changes to a resizing one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MisterTJH, Mar 20, 2020.

1. MisterTJH Win User

File Explorer - Explorer Bar

The explorer bar window on my File Explorer seems to think it's re-sizable now, and when I move my mouse over it, the icon changes to a resizing one. Except, I cannot actually resize it.

Does anyone know how to remove this?

See the below image for what I mean...

File Explorer - Explorer Bar 068917da-a875-4025-b053-238cfb130121?upload=true.jpg

:)

MisterTJH, Mar 20, 2020

2. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Mar 20, 2020
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer - Explorer Bar - Similar Threads - File Explorer Explorer

2. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  3. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  4. File Explorer bar missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer bar missing: I am not sure what to call this, but in a few of my folders, the highlighted bar is missing. Not every folder, just a few. How do I get this bar back everywhere? Thank you....
  5. File Explorer bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer bar missing: I am not sure what to call this, but in a few of my folders, the highlighted bar is missing. Not every folder, just a few. How do I get this bar back everywhere? Thank you....
  6. File Explorer bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Horizontal bar in File Explorer.

Horizontal bar in File Explorer.: Hello, Somehow I activated the, as shown below, white bar under the search in File Explorer and I can't seem to find how to remove it. Can anyone help? [ATTACH]...
  8. Menu bar missing in file explorer

Menu bar missing in file explorer: i installed skin theme for windows, after i uninstall skin theme , i was found that missing tool bar in file explorer.Help to advise how to replace to old explorer. [ATTACH]...
  9. Explorer bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer bar: I have another problem with the reboot of Windows 10: every time i reboot, the menu bar go down of 1 line! I have many icons, and i need 3 row of icons. any suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-bar/84a427f8-076d-4c4f-b159-9b2144e5a64f
  10. file explorer progress bar

file explorer progress bar: I am having two problems: PS C:\Users\mina> net view net : System error 1231 has occurred. At line:1 char:1 + net view + ~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (System error 1231 has occurred.:S tring) [], RemoteException + FullyQualifiedErrorId :...