Windows 10: File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup.

Discus and support File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I been having this problem for a while. When I boot up my PC and I get to the part of account login, loads my user automatically but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArlandrioFF, Jun 10, 2016.

1. File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup.

Hi all,

I been having this problem for a while. When I boot up my PC and I get to the part of account login, loads my user automatically but the file explorer does not, just shows me a black screen. I can still do CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to bring the task manager up and there is no explorer.exe running. When I try to run it myself I get an error (I can't remember the error, if it happens again, I will take a picture of it). I did a little bit of research, some pages were talking about checking the registry editor in HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and check the value of Shell to be "explorer.exe" and mine it is, so that's out of the way.

File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup. [​IMG]

I haven't found anything else, if someone knows what is causing it or any insight in how to repair it, please post it.

Thank you.

:)

ArlandrioFF, Jun 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 - File Explorer does not load at startup, randomly

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

As you are unable to fix the after SFC scan, try the below and check.

If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log
    %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 10, 2016
  3. zdeno84 Win User
    Windows 10 - File Explorer does not load at startup, randomly

Thanks for the advice.

Scan finished saying some files are corrupted, but could not be fixed. Log should be somewhere as cbs.log, but I can't find it. I don't have Logs folder under system32. I have hidden files shown in the properties.

Unsure what to do next?

zdeno84, Jun 10, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup.

Can you boot to Safe Mode?

From the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen, click on the power icon at lower right. Press and hold the Shift key and click on Restart.

Ztruker, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Run CMD as admin and copy/paste those entries, there are the only one I know required to start properly:

reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "Shell" /t REG_SZ /d "explorer.exe" /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "Userinit" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe," /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "Shell" /t REG_SZ /d "explorer.exe" /f
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager" /v "BootExecute" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "autocheck autochk *" /f
    reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager" /v "SETUPEXECUTE" /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d "" /f

TairikuOkami, Jun 11, 2016
  6. TairikuOkami your strings just bailed me out !
    I was at wits end trying to get explorer to start automatically..
    thanks so much !

-

arnoldbuhmann, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup.

1. File Explorer (explorer.exe) Does Not Load Automatically At Startup. - Similar Threads - File Explorer explorer

2. Windows 11 File Explorer Does not Sort Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer Does not Sort Automatically: When I change filenames in a Windows 11 Explorer window, it does not automatically sort. I have set my view options for the folder exactly how I want it, gone into Folder Options-View-Apply to Folders-OK. I have attached two examples, both showing files I have renamed with...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer Does not Sort Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer Does not Sort Automatically: When I change filenames in a Windows 11 Explorer window, it does not automatically sort. I have set my view options for the folder exactly how I want it, gone into Folder Options-View-Apply to Folders-OK. I have attached two examples, both showing files I have renamed with...
  4. File Explorer Not Loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Loading: I've been having issues with my laptop for awhile now. Normally, it won't complete updates and I have to do a full reset. This time, it updated properly, but I tried to do updates because whenever I try to open a folder, file Explorer won't load. I pops up the window, but...
  5. File Explorer Not Loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Loading: I've been having issues with my laptop for awhile now. Normally, it won't complete updates and I have to do a full reset. This time, it updated properly, but I tried to do updates because whenever I try to open a folder, file Explorer won't load. I pops up the window, but...
  6. File Explorer Not Loading

7. File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer opening automatically on startup in Windows 10: How do I prevent file explorer from opening automaticaly on startup in windows 10? File explorer is not listed in my task manager so I cannot disable it there....
  8. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  9. File Explorer does not update automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer does not update automatically: Windows 10 Pro, the File Explorer stops updating automatically; The operations of copying, renaming, deleting, moving, and other operations with files and folders are not reflected until you update it manually (press F5). Any help would be appreciated....
  10. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...
Tags: