Windows 10: File Explorer explores too much!

Discus and support File Explorer explores too much! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I stop Windows Explorer searching for similar pictures? If I search for a jpg on my PC which includes the filename "chess", it finds those named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HO-48, Jun 19, 2021.

1. HO-48 Win User

File Explorer explores too much!

How do I stop Windows Explorer searching for similar pictures? If I search for a jpg on my PC which includes the filename "chess", it finds those named files, but also a lot of other jpg files with images of chequered floors. If I search for "castle" it finds all sorts of other pictures as well looking similar to castles, but without the word "castle" in the file name. How do I get it only to pull out files with my requested file names?

:)

HO-48, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue File Explorer explores too much! :p

Frick, Jun 19, 2021
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

File Explorer explores too much! wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. File Explorer explores too much!

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer explores too much!

1. File Explorer explores too much! - Similar Threads - File Explorer explores

2. Windows File Explorer In Windows 10 is Too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer In Windows 10 is Too: HI allFinally had to switch over to Windows 10 from 7 Pro and one thing that is driving me BONKERS is the bloated view in Windows Explorer, aka File Explorer, etc.There are way too many locations displayed, most of which are really duplicates with different icons, names, etc....
  3. Windows File Explorer In Windows 10 is Too

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer In Windows 10 is Too: HI allFinally had to switch over to Windows 10 from 7 Pro and one thing that is driving me BONKERS is the bloated view in Windows Explorer, aka File Explorer, etc.There are way too many locations displayed, most of which are really duplicates with different icons, names, etc....
  4. Windows File Explorer In Windows 10 is Too

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. second explorer process taking too much ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    second explorer process taking too much ram: I have a secondary explorer.exe process that's only showing when I sign in to my user account (not other accounts) that's taking 2.5GB of ram, I tried ending the process tree but it keeps restarting everytime. I used malwarebytes and ccleaner but I still have the issue. I...
  6. Windows Explorer list view too much space between folders & files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer list view too much space between folders & files: I like a compact folder and file list but recently I keep seeing the view in this image. How can I go back to the old view? I have right clicked and done view but that doesn't make it more compact. I was going to do A vs B pics but I can't get it to back to no space between....
  7. Items in File Explorer too spaced out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Items in File Explorer too spaced out: After the most recent update, I noticed a greatly increased amount of space between each line in File Explorer. I still use a mouse 99% of the time, and reducing the amount of space between each line helps me scroll less. Less scrolling = less strain from repetitive use....
  8. Internet Explorer is much too slow.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is much too slow.: Hi ! On my destop, Internet Explorer takes far too much time to open and I don't see why. The problem arised recently but I cannot remind of any event which could explain the situation. I know I can use Edge, which is a good browser, but I still like some I.E. features. I...
  9. File Explorer search returning too much

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer search returning too much: I have figured out that when File Explorer searches, it includes the filepath as well as file name and contents. I see this as a problem, since I rarely, if ever, search based on the filepath. Please tell me there's a way to turn this off. I also see an option for whether...
  10. Print in Win 10 File Explorer much too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Print in Win 10 File Explorer much too small: Hello all, New computer, new Win 10. Unfortunately, the print in the file explorer is microscopic. I can barely make it out. I've set the computer to a lower resolution so I can easily see the type in my Photoshop program and other programs. However, the file explorer print...