Windows 10: file explorer extensions

Discus and support file explorer extensions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently transferred my files from an old laptop to a new one. All of my files have a new extension similar to the following: (2019_03_15 16_15_59... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CindyShawCA, Mar 21, 2019.

1. file explorer extensions

I recently transferred my files from an old laptop to a new one. All of my files have a new extension similar to the following: (2019_03_15 16_15_59 UTC). What happened, what did I do wrong?

:)

CindyShawCA, Mar 21, 2019

2. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Window 10 File Explorer Crashes When Right Click on File with SPECIFIC Filename Extension

The cause for this problem seems to be third party shell extensions. To get rid of culprit extension, you can download ShellExView. ShellExView is a free third-party application that can be used to manage, disable and enable all of the shell extensions
    that you have on your computer

Download ShellExView -
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.zip

Extract the zip file

Launch ShellExView by right-clicking on the application named shexview and clicking on Run as administrator

You will be met with a list of all the shell extensions installed on your computer once the program is done compiling it. Once you see the list, click on Options > Filter by Extension Type > Context Menu.

In the newly compiled list, you will see entries that have pink backgrounds. All of these entries are shell extensions installed on your computer by third-party applications.

Hold down the Ctrl key and click on each of the “pink background” entries to select them.

Once all of the “pink background” entries have been selected, right-click on them and click on Disable Selected Items to disable all of them.

Click on Options > Restart Explorer. Try right-clicking on your Desktop, and File Explorer should no longer crash.

Once you have fixed the problem, next comes identifying the culprit and disabling it for good. To do so, you are going to have to:

Right-click on any one of the “pink background” shell extensions that you disabled and click on Enable Selected Items to enable it.

Click on Options > Restart Explorer, right-click on your Desktop and see if File Explorer

If File Explorer does not crash, keep on repeating steps 1 and 2, enabling a different third-party shell extension every time, until File Explorer crashes and you start experiencing the problem again.

The third-party shell extension you enabled just before the problem returned is the culprit. You can go ahead and enable all of the “pink background” shell extensions you disabled except for this one as this one is the culprit. Keep this shell extension disabled
    for good – in fact, it is recommended that you uninstall the third-party application that installed this shell extension on your computer altogether.

E for Excel, Mar 21, 2019
  4. file explorer extensions

File extensions

I would suggest that you do not get rid or it. However, if you are determined to be rid of it, in the Windows File Explorer, click on Options on the View tab of the ribbon and then on the View tab in the dialog that appears check the box for "Hide
    extensions for known file types".

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

file explorer extensions

1. file explorer extensions - Similar Threads - file explorer extensions

2. file extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file extensions: Hello İ have win 11 installed and first thing I see is i can't open files like .iso .py etc.when I look at these files types it says like Windows.IsoFile for iso files and Python.File on .py files and it's really annoyingcan anyone help me how to fix it i put some examples on...
  3. Can't do wildcard search for file extensions in explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't do wildcard search for file extensions in explorer?: This is weird, I'm trying to find all the *.mov files in my dropbox folder on my C: drive. I seem to be able to find *.JPG (when I use *.jpg lower case), or at least some of them, but *.mov and *.pdf etc doesn't work. The search returns nothing. But I can see them, they are...
  4. shell extension for Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    shell extension for Explorer: Does Windows Explorer have some shell extension available which adds a function to File Properties that would display the "Comments" field for PSD image files in Windows 10? I am able to see this field in Windows 7 If so, how can I access this capability and install it?...
  5. file explorer preview php extension files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer preview php extension files: File Explorer cannot preview files with extension php, which are text files, please advise how to do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-php-extension-files/d500ed8e-4e38-4c30-8517-f27180e54e16
  6. File extensions

File extensions: I downloaded some files from the internet and it won't allow me to change their file extensions note: i already tick the unhide file extension under folder options. The files are just greyed out and changing the file extensions just reverts them back to their original file...
  7. File extensions.

File extensions.: Can someone please tell me what extension I need to add to a screenshot of an "Administrator: Command Prompt" file in order to get it to upload? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extensions/9f112de0-bf26-4c53-b0c0-7847c4503296"
  8. file extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  9. Explorer shows file extensions suddenly

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer shows file extensions suddenly: Explorer shows file extensions suddenly, and can not be unchecked. 75368
  10. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer extension