Windows 10: File Explorer extremely slow after Windows 11 "upgrade"

Discus and support File Explorer extremely slow after Windows 11 "upgrade" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since "upgrading" to Windows 11, the File Explorer is unbelievably slow. Each time I open it, it runs the stupid green progress bar and takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidEckert, Feb 5, 2022.

1. File Explorer extremely slow after Windows 11 "upgrade"

Ever since "upgrading" to Windows 11, the File Explorer is unbelievably slow. Each time I open it, it runs the stupid green progress bar and takes forever to complete. If I don't wait and try to open something, it then freezes. And, yes, I have the latest updates. And yes, the "Second drive" is an internal SSD. I tried the Windows Support app, but it did absolutely nothing after I typed in my question. Microsoft has been coding Windows for over 25 years, and yet they still can't seem to build a decent File Explorer.

:)

DavidEckert, Feb 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 File Explorer is Extremely Slow to Open Photo Files

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My computer now seems to be running slower. However, it is extremely slow to open photo files compared to when I was running Windows 7. When I click to open a JPEG file / photo file in Windows 10, File
    Explorer goes into a (not responding) message. It will stay in the not resonding mode for at least 30 seconds to a minute. Then the photo will appear and File Explorer will allow for it to be deleted, moved, copied etc. This makes opening and managing photos
    extremely frustrating. I have been searching the internet for a fix. There appear to be a number of suggestions and fixes out there but nothing I have tried has worked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Retrob3270, Feb 5, 2022
  3. File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive

I have windows 10 and these issues occur when using file explorer, moving or managing files.

A. File explorer takes minutes to open or won't open when clicked on (this includes using the windows search bar and any icons on the computer).

B. File explorer crashes often or is extremely slow while attempting to rename a file.

C. File explorer crashes often or is extremely slow while Creating/naming a new folder

D. File explorer is in general extremely slow and crashes when moving through various folders.

I hope this is enough information to indicate what is wrong. I really need help with this as my computer is becoming nearly unusable for certain tasks due to these issues.

Any help is appreciated, and if you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks!

Cadler_188, Feb 5, 2022
  4. iuseword3 Win User

File Explorer extremely slow after Windows 11 "upgrade"

File Explorer Extremely slow

My company has been having issues with file explorer one being loading file explorer is extremely slow. There are other programs having issues now but I feel are not important. To test if this was caused by user error I create a fresh install on a computer
    suffering from the slow down issues. Tested the speed of windows explorer then I ran a windows update and right after the restart my explorer started acting slow.

Operating system: Windows 10 pro x64

These are the updates that go forced to my machine:

Quality updates:

KB4457128 (2)

KB4456655

KB4457146

Definition Updates

KB4052623

KB2267602

Other Updates:

KB890830

iuseword3, Feb 5, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer extremely slow after Windows 11 "upgrade"

1. File Explorer extremely slow after Windows 11 "upgrade" - Similar Threads - File Explorer extremely

2. File Explorer in Windows 11 extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer in Windows 11 extremely slow: Recently, we started upgrading to Windows 11 Pro and several users are starting to see long wait times when opening file explorer, this is due to the recent files view at the bottom of explorer. When we clear it out, it performs as it should. I have spent several days...
  3. File Explorer in Windows 11 extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer in Windows 11 extremely slow: Recently, we started upgrading to Windows 11 Pro and several users are starting to see long wait times when opening file explorer, this is due to the recent files view at the bottom of explorer. When we clear it out, it performs as it should. I have spent several days...
  4. File explorer extremely slow Windows 10 and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer extremely slow Windows 10 and Windows 11: Hello:I work for my company as IT and I am constantly facing this issue since I started here.At some point, all the laptops in the company start facing an issue where their File Explorer starts working really slow.I can see it when trying to download a file and saving it to...
  5. File explorer extremely slow Windows 10 and Windows 11

File explorer extremely slow Windows 10 and Windows 11: Hello:I work for my company as IT and I am constantly facing this issue since I started here.At some point, all the laptops in the company start facing an issue where their File Explorer starts working really slow.I can see it when trying to download a file and saving it to...
  6. File Explorer extremely slow after Windows 11 "upgrade"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer extremely slow after Windows 11 "upgrade": Ever since "upgrading" to Windows 11, the File Explorer is unbelievably slow. Each time I open it, it runs the stupid green progress bar and takes forever to complete. If I don't wait and try to open something, it then freezes. And, yes, I have the latest updates. And yes,...
  7. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  8. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  9. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

10. File Explorer Extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer Extremely slow: My company has been having issues with file explorer one being loading file explorer is extremely slow. There are other programs having issues now but I feel are not important. To test if this was caused by user error I create a fresh install on a computer suffering from the...