Windows 10: File explorer fails to acitvate

Discus and support File explorer fails to acitvate in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows File Explorer fails to activate sometimes. I am using Windows 10. This is a recent problem, started about 1 month ago. Suggestions most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RogerTodd, Jan 29, 2019.

1. RogerTodd Win User

File explorer fails to acitvate

Windows File Explorer fails to activate sometimes. I am using Windows 10. This is a recent problem, started about 1 month ago.

Suggestions most welcome!

:)

RogerTodd, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jan 29, 2019
  4. File explorer fails to acitvate

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

File explorer fails to acitvate

1. File explorer fails to acitvate - Similar Threads - File explorer fails

2. File Explorer fails to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer fails to start: I am running Windows 11 22H2.This started in the last week. The first occurrence I can find is 15/09/2023 10:29:15. There were some Quality Updates on 13/09/2023.When starting File Explorer it looks as though it is loading but bails out and removes all other instances of...
  3. File Explorer fails to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer fails to start: I am running Windows 11 22H2.This started in the last week. The first occurrence I can find is 15/09/2023 10:29:15. There were some Quality Updates on 13/09/2023.When starting File Explorer it looks as though it is loading but bails out and removes all other instances of...
  4. Windows acitvation error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows acitvation error.: What happened is that my pc after i reseted it showed me an error in the activation tab it was written like this: something interrupted our troubleshooting. make sure youre connected to the internet, wait a few minutes, and try again. error code 0x80004005: I used a program...
  5. Windows acitvation error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows acitvation error.: What happened is that my pc after i reseted it showed me an error in the activation tab it was written like this: something interrupted our troubleshooting. make sure youre connected to the internet, wait a few minutes, and try again. error code 0x80004005: I used a program...
  6. Windows acitvation error.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. File explorer fails to find Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer fails to find Network Drive: Just installed a Western Digital WD 'My Cloud' drive on my LAN, on same LAN segment to my W10 PC. Using 'My Cloud' facilities I have copied files from the PC to the WD drive. Using File Explorer -> Network all I can 'see' is the PC and Router, not the drive. Hence I...
  8. Windows File Explorer Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows File Explorer Fail: Hi all: Now, over a few windows versions (from I think WinXP to Win 20h (Build 29042.746), my File Explorer is doing bizarre things. Note please, that it is not just over various Win versions, but also several TOTAL new computers as well. When i booted up, and I open the...
  9. Windows acitvation errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows acitvation errors: So i recently just upgraded my motherboard cpu and ram but now it says windows cant be activated. I had upgraded from the free upgrade that was given to people with windows 7. When i go through the troubleshoot and press i changed hardware it takes me to a screen to...
  10. File Explorer fails to show metadata?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer fails to show metadata?: I have recently updated my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For some reason, File explorer seems unable to show metadata. For example, here is what File Explorer shows for one example powerpoint file: [img] I created this file on this same desktop before the...