Windows 10: File explorer file count and size missing

Discus and support File explorer file count and size missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just noticed this and I don't know if it's a new "feature" or bug; the File Explorer when I would select a group of files, at the very bottom of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ns1852s, Jan 24, 2021.

1. File explorer file count and size missing

I just noticed this and I don't know if it's a new "feature" or bug; the File Explorer when I would select a group of files, at the very bottom of the File Explorer the is would list out how many files I selected. Or if I select a file, it would read out the size of such file. Or when I open a folder, it would state the number of files in that folder. Do I have a bug or was this removed for some unknown reason.

Just in case, here is a link to what I am talking about, outline in red, that I am missing. This image is from Google Images.

https://ibb.co/9mDMZ9P

submitted by /u/ns1852s
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ns1852s, Jan 24, 2021

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Word Count Column in File Explorer

I work primarily with RTF documents. I came across the option in Windows File Explorer to add a "Word Count" column to the File Explorer display. The "Word Count" does display but it gives no count for any of the documents listed in the File Explorer.
    From top to bottom no word count is displayed for any file created in any of the word processors I use. To date my search on the internet has not found a solution to the lack of word counts.

NeilShephard, Jan 24, 2021
  4. LorenWard Win User

File explorer file count and size missing

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

• Using File Explorer, I navigated to the folder I wanted to view the file counts, I right clicked on the column labels and chose File Count.
    • This is occurring on any folder when I try to use the File Count column
    • I currently use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes
    • I also tried changing the View to Detail Pane, that did not make any difference.

LorenWard, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

File explorer file count and size missing

1. File explorer file count and size missing - Similar Threads - File explorer file

2. File Count does not appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Count does not appear in File Explorer: In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows the total number of files in the folder. If I highlight some files, it shows both the total number of files and the number I...
  3. File Count does not appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Count does not appear in File Explorer: In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows the total number of files in the folder. If I highlight some files, it shows both the total number of files and the number I...
  4. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  5. How to display file count in a column in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display file count in a column in explorer: Hi everyone, Is there a way to display how many files are in a folder in details layout explorer window? submitted by /u/NewsFromHell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grn5xj/how_to_display_file_count_in_a_column_in_explorer/
  6. File Explorer - File Size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - File Size: Hi. In the File Size column in File Explorer the size is displayed in kBs. When the list of files contains extreme size variations, there is a necessity to have wide column to get the millions of kBs displayed. Also, having the display automatically adjust itself to a...
  7. File Explorer: File Count on Desktop Icon Possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: File Count on Desktop Icon Possible?: I think I might be looking at possibly having to write an app specifically for this, but I'm wondering if there's a way to display a file count on the Desktop Icon for a shortcut called Documents (obviously linked to the Documents folder)? Point being, in a public setting,...
  8. File Explorer reports incorrect file count and folder volume.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer reports incorrect file count and folder volume.: Hello, I found several cases reporting the same bug on the Internet but did not find a solution so far. I have Windows 10 home edition on my PC and File Explorer > Properties reports wrong file count and folder volume if the folders that have subfolders. Does anybody know...
  9. Windows Explorer Properties File Size and Folder / File Count not working accurately

Windows Explorer Properties File Size and Folder / File Count not working accurately: When you try to establish file sizes (right click-properties), e.g. for fitting on a backup flash drive / or copying, the file sizes in folders, and the files and sub-folders count is not complete / accurate, and represents a fraction of the total. This makes administration...
  10. Backup with robocopy file count and size are different

Backup with robocopy file count and size are different: I always try to keep up 3 copies and found the tool robocopy /mir as very useful. After some years I run into a big issue. Why there is such a big discrepancy in file size and count eating up the space on my external drive? See attached screenshot: [ATTACH] If I compare...