Windows 10: File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

Discus and support File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have run across this over and over again after some recent update with windows 10 - not sure what the heck is going on - but it's becoming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephaniGreen, Jun 11, 2020.

1. File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

Hello,

I have run across this over and over again after some recent update with windows 10 - not sure what the heck is going on - but it's becoming increasingly annoying that every 5 out of 10 times i restart my computer I run across this. The file names in the File Explorer are missing - so when I restart my computer - I am constantly not able to see anything or access my files because I don't know what is there:

:)

StephaniGreen, Jun 11, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jun 11, 2020
  3. folder and files names are not visible in my documents after recent windows 10 upgrade

Hello David,

To view the names of files and folders, please follow these steps:

• Open the folder where the file and folder names are missing.
    • Right-click on an empty area and go to View then click
      Hide file names

Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Jun 11, 2020
  4. File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

Problems with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Missing sub-folders using File Explorer and unable to change folder icons

"The file folders and subfolders are randomly missing from being listed when using File Explorer and they are not actually missing from the hard drive."

It would be very very helpful to list and example of the names of the File Folders and sub folders that you say are missing, so we can compare with another machine.

Thanks.

minangkabu, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing

1. File Explorer - File Folder Names Missing - Similar Threads - File Explorer File

2. File Explorer - Dodgy Folder Naming Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Dodgy Folder Naming Behavior: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎1/‎2020 OS build 19045.3693 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 In File Explorer, in the Navigation Pane, when I create a new folder and start to type in the name, the cursor will automatically...
  3. File Explorer - Dodgy Folder Naming Behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Dodgy Folder Naming Behavior: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎1/‎2020 OS build 19045.3693 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 In File Explorer, in the Navigation Pane, when I create a new folder and start to type in the name, the cursor will automatically...
  4. File Explorer - Dodgy Folder Naming Behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why do the folder/file names disappear in File Explorer?

Why do the folder/file names disappear in File Explorer?: Hello, I am having an issue where when I open File Explorer sometimes the file names will disappear when I hover my mouse over them. This goes for the Downloads, Documents, etc as well. Computer is up to date, as is system, It only happens once in awhile but when it does I...
  6. Why do the folder/file names disappear in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do the folder/file names disappear in File Explorer?: Hello, I am having an issue where when I open File Explorer sometimes the file names will disappear when I hover my mouse over them. This goes for the Downloads, Documents, etc as well. Computer is up to date, as is system, It only happens once in awhile but when it does I...
  7. Why do the folder/file names disappear in File Explorer?

8. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  9. Files and folders names in explorer

Files and folders names in explorer: Letters in the name of files or folders in explorer are separated. For example, look at the screenshots:[ATTACH][ATTACH] As you can see, the name is written as a single word, but, when i save it, it separates. How to solve this problem? I have the latest Windows 10 2004...
  10. Name in File Explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Name in File Explorer: Since doing a clean install, my name in File Explorer/Users has changed. It is neither my first nor second name, just the first 5 letters/numbers of my Microsoft login name. It used to show my surname in Windows 7. Is is it possible to change it, please? 24628

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no names on files win 10