Windows 10: File explorer "File" tab is red

Discus and support File explorer "File" tab is red in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open File Explorer, the "File" tab that is normally blue in color is now red. Also, when I type something in the search bar, the "right" arrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sheldon456, Jun 4, 2020.

1. File explorer "File" tab is red

When I open File Explorer, the "File" tab that is normally blue in color is now red. Also, when I type something in the search bar, the "right" arrow button for the search bar that is normally blue is also red.

:)

Sheldon456, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 4, 2020
  4. File explorer "File" tab is red

File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

File explorer "File" tab is red

1. File explorer "File" tab is red - Similar Threads - File explorer File

2. File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: Red circle with a cross on folders: Hello, I'm using Win 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.572) In File Explorer: What does the red circle with a cross on the folders (Documents, My Letters, One Drive...) mean? (see attached image) BTW, when I launch Outlook, the following message appears: "Unable to start microsoft office...
  3. Tabbed file explorer solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tabbed file explorer solution?: I love tabs! I don't love that Windows 10 never released their Explorer tabs update though. Does anyone have a good solution for getting tabs? I'm open to either an add-on for the regular file explorer like Clover, TidyTabs, etc. or a whole separate program that can...
  4. Red X marks in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red X marks in File Explorer: My old computer and new computer are both running Windows 10. But on the new one I find two things that are not on the older one. 1 OneDrive seems to be built in. 2 Many files and folders show up in File Explorer with red X marks beside them. So I have two questions: 1...
  5. Missing Tab On File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tab On File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 version 1903. My file explorer is missing the Home tab on the ribbon. All I have is File, Computer, & View. The only thing changed is a new router installed yesterday & my Pc is set to WiFi now instead of being connected directly to the router. But I...
  6. Files with red cross

Files with red cross: All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats Excel, World, PowerPoint. What is it and how to get rid of this red cross? Thank you....
  7. Using Tabs in File Explorer

Using Tabs in File Explorer: Is there a way to use tabs in Windows 10 File Explorer? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-tabs-in-file-explorer/1081bc33-8cfa-42ed-8bfc-ccd06edef6d5
  8. Drive Icons in File Explorer have red x's?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive Icons in File Explorer have red x's?: Greetings guys and girls. My drive icons suddenly look like this? Anyone else seen this? How do I fix this? (Running 1903) 136281
  9. Drive Icons in File Explorer have red x's?

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive Icons in File Explorer have red x's?: Greetings guys and girls. My drive icons suddenly look like this? Anyone else seen this? How do I fix this? (Running 1903) 136281
  10. RED checked files

RED checked files: I bought a new laptop and copied files, pictures and other files from the old one using external hard drive. However before long all these files got small red circles with X. These files are unavailable, I cannot open them or change them. All that I have received from the...