Windows 10: File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as...

Discus and support File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Here is how I re-created this bug: 1. Open an image file in Paint 2. Export "Test.png" to the Desktop 3. Open File Explorer and go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelElder1, May 2, 2019.

1. File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as...

File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as... 7d797de9-6f85-4e9d-971e-7999b56a46c6?upload=true.png

Here is how I re-created this bug:

1. Open an image file in Paint

2. Export "Test.png" to the Desktop

3. Open File Explorer and go to Quick Access.

4. The files appear as 0 kb.

For some reason the files are also sometimes missing the Date Modified. When I double-click one of the 0 kb files, it opens as expected and the "0 kb" changes to 306 kb like it's supposed to be.

Has anyone else had this issue? This issue came up when I was providing technical support to someone. They were seeing all of their recent files show up as "0 kb" and were worried that their data is being lost.

:)

MichaelElder1, May 2, 2019

2. Files not showing in Quick Access

Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to Quick Access. Thanks in advance.

Tony Vella, May 2, 2019
  3. How to hide recent files from Quick Access

Hi,

Let me assist you with this.

Get rid of the new Quick Access/Home view in File Explorer

Follow these simple steps to bring back the old This PC view in Windows 10 File Explorer:

1. Open File Explorer, click on View tab in Ribbon and then click on
    Options.

2. Now to remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access/Home view, uncheck following 2 options present under
    Privacy section:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access
    It'll immediately remove these 2 sections from Quick Access view in File Explorer.

File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as... [​IMG]

3. If you want to completely get rid of Quick Access/Home view from File Explorer, change the option "Open File Explorer to" from "Quick access" to "This PC" using drop-down list.

It'll set the old This PC view as default in File Explorer and you'll always have disk drives page visible whenever you open File Explorer.

Let us know if you have any questions again on quick access. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 2, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as...

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, May 2, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as...

1. File Explorer - Files under the "Recent Files" drop down inside Quick Access are showing as... - Similar Threads - File Explorer Files

2. File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed: Hello.In File Explore, under Recent, it is listing files that I have not opened/moved/touched. It shows a time stamp of now or a few minutes ago. The files are on OneDrive. I am not sharing my OneDrive with anybody. They are Word and Excel documents. I have not opened either...
  3. Quick Access & Recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access & Recent files: Hi i want to increase the number of "recent files" shown in the quick access function to more than 20, ideally 50. I don't want workarounds or rely on me pinning things, I just want to see more than 20 recent files. The current limit is a hindrance to my work as 20 files...
  4. Quick access is not showing in File explorer

Quick access is not showing in File explorer: Hello, I have problem with quick acces feature in file exploer. It doesn't show up on the left list adn there seems to be no way of changing it. [ATTACH] I tried resetting folders and resetting file exploer in task manager. Nothing worked....
  5. Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access: The files do not show in quick access! whatever I try to go back to normal, it fails : Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthand press Enter. Restart the PC. ---> does not work. Whether I click or use "defaut parameters" the ticK will disappear...
  6. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files: Running Windows 10 Home Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file .docx and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why? Thanks, David...
  7. Windows not showing recent files in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows not showing recent files in Quick Access: For some reason as above, files I have recently opened in Quick Access are not showing. Can anyone help please? 144015
  8. Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  9. Quick access recently used files not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick access recently used files not showing: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  10. File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files: For some strange reasons, File Explorer no longer shows the Recent files. Is there any way to fix this?*Rolleyes 58261

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change number of selected recent items in file explorer in windows 10