Windows 10: File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position...

Discus and support File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am experiencing that when I move a folder to another one, it is moved with all its contents, but in the original position the folder is still there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gregori Ivano, Jan 21, 2023.

1. File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position...

I am experiencing that when I move a folder to another one, it is moved with all its contents, but in the original position the folder is still there even if void of its contents.This is happening both when I move by selecting the folder and dragging it.But also when I cut the folder and paste it into another one.Thanks for your advises.

:)

Gregori Ivano, Jan 21, 2023

2. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 22, 2023
  3. File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position but void

I am experiencing that when I move a folder to another one, it is moved with all its contents, but in the original position the folder is still there even if void of its contents.

This is happening both when I move by selecting the folder and dragging it.

But also when I cut the folder and paste it into another one.

Thanks for your advises.

Gregori Ivano, Jan 22, 2023
  4. elithias Win User

File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position...

Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

I have a folder with files that I upload from time to time to social media. After I upload a file I usually move them to a different folder to archive them there. Now I noticed that after I moved them the files remain in the original folder as well, but
    are still being copied. I tried different methods like using the right-click-menu or the keyboard shortcuts. I tried cutting them out and pasting them in the new folder. No change.

Then I thought, hey, I have them in both folders, just have to delete them manually from the old folder.

And now I realized that after deleting them manually from the original folder, they were gone from both folders again

I have not changed or moved any of the default windows folders I just added a few subfolders here and there.

I tried to find a thread with a similar problem but I couldn't find anything, so I'm posting this myself and hope that maybe someone has an idea how to resolve this!

Thank you!

elithias, Jan 22, 2023
Thema:

File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position...

1. File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position... - Similar Threads - File Explorer Folders

2. File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position...: I am experiencing that when I move a folder to another one, it is moved with all its contents, but in the original position the folder is still there even if void of its contents.This is happening both when I move by selecting the folder and dragging it.But also when I cut...
  3. File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Folders moved to another folder remaining also in their original position...: I am experiencing that when I move a folder to another one, it is moved with all its contents, but in the original position the folder is still there even if void of its contents.This is happening both when I move by selecting the folder and dragging it.But also when I cut...
  4. Can I move my documents folder to another drive and not have the files copy to the original...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move my documents folder to another drive and not have the files copy to the original...: I need to move my documents folder to another drive but when I move it, it "copies" to the original drive. I am extremely frustrated by this since I don't have a lot of storage in my C: drive. Is there anyway I can not have this happen? If there is a way how do I stop this. I...
  5. Moving Folders to Another Drive

Moving Folders to Another Drive: I wanted to move some folders to another drive and found this article, https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-move-your-default-data-folders-to-a-different-drive/#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20move%2C%20open,new%20location%20for%20that%20folder.I followed the steps to move...
  6. Question Strange folder behavior. Files change position in Pictures folder. Explorer...

Question Strange folder behavior. Files change position in Pictures folder. Explorer...: Hello, the title pretty much sums it up. Here is also a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhFPuN8PeWI https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-strange-folder-behavior-files-change/0844c9d1-a261-41e5-a368-baa5b43076be
  7. moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer

moving pictures within a Folder in File Explorer: How can you move a picture within the same folder ? I used to be able to just click & drag and now that does not work...I want to manually move the pictures...
  8. Moving photo folders in File Explorer

Moving photo folders in File Explorer: In File Explorer I’d like to move folders from Photos to Photo gallery and vice verse. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-photo-folders-in-file-explorer/aabe0ce8-27f0-46a8-9a2b-efdd3c837713"
  9. How to move files from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move files from one folder to another folder: Everytime I get a download I unzip the folder and would like to move it to the desktop, but I always get the message cant move file cause its being used by another program, I don't have any other programs open, plus the drop and drag feature does not always work either. Some...
  10. File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Folders missing, found moved.: I am posting this here under General Discussion since it is so spooky as to almost be a Twilight Zone thing. We have a 3-computer local/home network with all dynamic data stored on a network drive. We use File Explorer frequently. Six or seven times since upgrading to W10,...