Windows 10: File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

Discus and support File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MartinOsoria, Nov 22, 2021.

1. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive I plug in via USB. It'll tell me it's plugged in, but as far as opening them, I can't. I'm extremely mad being that I restarted my computer and lost all my programs. Opening up programs wasn't the issue, it was accessing saved files. I don't know what to do. At thus point, willing to pay to get this issue fixed.

:)

MartinOsoria, Nov 22, 2021
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Nov 22, 2021
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Recycle Bin

Open File Explorer

In the Path bar at the top of the folder list to the right of the small icon the is an Arrow head pointing right. Click on it and it points down with a folder list including the Recycle bin.

HairyFool, Nov 22, 2021
  4. hgz5l2s7 Win User

File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

The Recycle Bin is stored in "File History"

Old thread. But as it's still not answered...

1. File History is saving a version of the recycle bin data every hour (actually only changed files) if the recycle bin of a partition is part of the directories to be backed up (e.g. for whole partitions selected to back up)

2. To exclude the recycle bin from the backup follow the steps below (Tested for Win10. There may be differences in the naming of the actual field names as i translated them from the German version of Win10):
    a) Open an Explorer window and go to "Options -> Change Folder and Search options -> View"
    b) Uncheck "Hide protected system files" and click "OK"
    You should see the "$RECYCLE.BIN" folder now when you open a partition in an Explorer window
    c) Open the File History settings and exclude the recycle bin(s) ($RECYCLE.BIN) from the backup like usual folders.
    d) Undo step "b"

hgz5l2s7, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

1. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening - Similar Threads - File Explorer folders

2. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  3. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  4. File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, folders, recycle bin not opening: I've tried several methods from scannow, to restarting windows explorer in the task manager, from ending its task to opening it in run task bar, I've Uninstalled everything, I've even factory resetted my laptop. I can't open a folder, file explorer, recycle bin, or any drive...
  5. Lost folder in recycle bin

Lost folder in recycle bin: I accidentally dragged my folder with important contents into the recycle bin. Now I have a copy of the folder on my desktop, but when I click on it, it says: The item 'folder' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will not work properly. Do...
  6. Recycle Bin in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin in File Explorer: Hello, New issue here, Recycle Bin is sitting on the desktop's lower right corner as a shortcut icon, and that's OK, I set it so . Not OK, its also in the file explorer under each drive, please see attached screenshot. How do I remove it from the file explorer view. Answers...
  7. Files and Folders are moving to recycle bin on click

Files and Folders are moving to recycle bin on click: I am using windows 10 along with Lenovo Yoga , recently after update from windows got installed there is strange behaviour happening. Any file or folder i click it goes to Recycle Bin , Pop up appears saying file no longer exsist on this location . When i go to recycle...
  8. Recycle Bin/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin/File Explorer: I emptied the Recycle Bin and it worked fine. Now when I click on the icon on the Desktop I get the File Explorer screen. How do I correct that....
  9. File explorer and recycle bin bug

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer and recycle bin bug: The file explorer and recycle bin window don't remember position after opening and closing , they reopen at different positions on the screen from where you dragged the window to, any fix for this ? 15885
  10. File Explorer/Recycle Bin Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer/Recycle Bin Issue: Hi guys. Wondering if you can help me with a little annoyance. Basically when I delete files or folders I do not need, file explorer will not refresh or bring up a dialogue box saying "Are you sure you wish to send this file to recycle bin?". When I delete it, the file or...