Windows 10: File Explorer Font is Bold

Discus and support File Explorer Font is Bold in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open File Explorer I find its font is Bold. I must have changed some setting somewhere to cause that. How can I return it to normal. Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Feb 12, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

File Explorer Font is Bold

When I open File Explorer I find its font is Bold. I must have changed some setting somewhere to cause that. How can I return it to normal.

Thank you

:)

JJG10, Feb 12, 2017
  2. judy4WR Win User

how do i change the size of email text that i see in windows live mail?

This did not address the issue.

Where is the usual Edit tab that allows me to see the size of font/italics/bold right there while i am composing?

Do I have to go to File - Options - Email - Font every time to change the font or bold a section of text?? That can't be right.

judy4WR, Feb 12, 2017
  3. Desktop fonts

how can i change my desktop fonts to bold and fonts to bold ?

WilliamRea_850, Feb 12, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi. Could you post a screenshot of it please. It could be something to do with cleartype. Have you adjusted cleartype or DPI or changed the font in some way?

swarfega, Feb 12, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    File Explorer Font is Bold [​IMG]

JJG10, Feb 12, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    @JJG10
    Check in Control Panel/Display settings:

...unless you're running Insider Build 15031 wherein that luxury necessity has been removed and you will need to use Winaero Tweaker.

Edwin, Feb 12, 2017
  7. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you.

I just did that and it only changed the title bar, not the body. See the included screen shot.

JJG10, Feb 12, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

@JJG10
    Do all of them.

Edwin, Feb 12, 2017
  9. JJG10 Win User
    Ok, I did that and none are set to bold but the body is still bold. Go figure!

JJG10, Feb 12, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    You may need to restart Explorer for all the changes to take effect. You could try restarting the PC, but logging out and back in should be sufficient. You can also restart Explorer from Task Manager.

11. JJG10 Win User
    Did a Restart but still get the bold body. Also logged and logged back in but with no change.

JJG10, Feb 12, 2017
  12. JJG10 Win User
    OK everybody. I resorted to the old time method of going back to a restore point and that corrected the problem.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer Font is Bold - Similar Threads - File Explorer Font

2. File names in other font and bolded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File names in other font and bolded: Answers to this question on this board say windows explorer doesn't allow file names in other fonts / bold / colour etc. Then how is it I have a folder as shown in the attached pic?...
  3. File names in other font and bolded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File names in other font and bolded: Answers to this question on this board say windows explorer doesn't allow file names in other fonts / bold / colour etc. Then how is it I have a folder as shown in the attached pic?...
  4. File names in other font and bolded

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bold font in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bold font in windows 10: Making windows 10 system font bold is not available ;why?It is very essential option Making text bigger or smaller isnot suitable or enough substitute for bold fontPlz get bold font option back...
  6. Bold fonts in some applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bold fonts in some applications: [ATTACH] I don't know what I did wrong but text in some applications like IDM and Winrar are bold now and it's really annoying (in some cases I can't even see parts of information) . I've tried restoring default font settings in control panel, reinstalling seogoe font...
  7. Balloon Bold Font

Balloon Bold Font: I have used Balloon Bold font in my logo for over 20 years but when Windows 10 took over the industry suddenly it will not display properly in any of my programs word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc. How can I get this font to display properly? In addition to it not displaying...
  8. Browser font in Italic Bold

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browser font in Italic Bold: [ATTACH] Hey, I have an issue for a long time and never really found how to solve it. In some website font appear italic bold in a really weird way, I don't know what happens but it's with all browser (and only on the browser) firefox, brave, chrome, edge... I check...
  9. make fonts bold or darker

make fonts bold or darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all fonts bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on 1 HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC all my...
  10. Fonts in English and bold fonts

Fonts in English and bold fonts: I was on the phone 2 hours today with 2 different people from Microsoft Technical Support. When I pulled up, what I thought, were available fonts, I found out they are not available for me to use. But to show me what I can upload from Microsoft. ANY font I want, I have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bold text windows 10

2. text in file explorer bold

3. file explorer font type bold

4. how to bold the text in the file explorer,
  5. file explorer bold,
  6. bold file explorer,
  7. file explorer in bold,
  8. bold numbers in file explorer,
  9. file explorer font increase bold,
  10. file explorer letters bold