Windows 10: File Explorer Font is Bold

Discus and support File Explorer Font is Bold in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open File Explorer I find its font is Bold. I must have changed some setting somewhere to cause that. How can I return it to normal. Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Feb 12, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

File Explorer Font is Bold

When I open File Explorer I find its font is Bold. I must have changed some setting somewhere to cause that. How can I return it to normal.

Thank you

:)

JJG10, Feb 12, 2017
  2. judy4WR Win User

how do i change the size of email text that i see in windows live mail?

This did not address the issue.

Where is the usual Edit tab that allows me to see the size of font/italics/bold right there while i am composing?

Do I have to go to File - Options - Email - Font every time to change the font or bold a section of text?? That can't be right.

judy4WR, Feb 12, 2017
  3. Desktop fonts

how can i change my desktop fonts to bold and fonts to bold ?

WilliamRea_850, Feb 12, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi. Could you post a screenshot of it please. It could be something to do with cleartype. Have you adjusted cleartype or DPI or changed the font in some way?

swarfega, Feb 12, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    File Explorer Font is Bold [​IMG]

JJG10, Feb 12, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    @JJG10
    Check in Control Panel/Display settings:

...unless you're running Insider Build 15031 wherein that luxury necessity has been removed and you will need to use Winaero Tweaker.

Edwin, Feb 12, 2017
  7. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you.

I just did that and it only changed the title bar, not the body. See the included screen shot.

JJG10, Feb 12, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

@JJG10
    Do all of them.

Edwin, Feb 12, 2017
  9. JJG10 Win User
    Ok, I did that and none are set to bold but the body is still bold. Go figure!

JJG10, Feb 12, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    You may need to restart Explorer for all the changes to take effect. You could try restarting the PC, but logging out and back in should be sufficient. You can also restart Explorer from Task Manager.

11. JJG10 Win User
    Did a Restart but still get the bold body. Also logged and logged back in but with no change.

JJG10, Feb 12, 2017
  12. JJG10 Win User
    OK everybody. I resorted to the old time method of going back to a restore point and that corrected the problem.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer Font is Bold - Similar Threads - File Explorer Font

2. Chrome fonts broken??? Bold fonts are clear? pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome fonts broken??? Bold fonts are clear? pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nmate96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5b9at/chrome_fonts_broken_bold_fonts_are_clear_pls_help/
  3. make fonts bold or darker

in Windows 10 Customization
    make fonts bold or darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all fonts bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on 1 HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC all my...
  4. Fonts in English and bold fonts

Fonts in English and bold fonts: I was on the phone 2 hours today with 2 different people from Microsoft Technical Support. When I pulled up, what I thought, were available fonts, I found out they are not available for me to use. But to show me what I can upload from Microsoft. ANY font I want, I have to...
  5. change notepad default font to regular (not-bold)

change notepad default font to regular (not-bold): I want to change the default regedit font to not-bold. I think IfWeight is the setting that I need to change, but what is the data value for not-bold? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  6. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font size in File Explorer: How can I increase the font size in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-in-file-explorer/ea1def19-1e9e-406e-bb9e-61defda02b64"
  7. making fonts bold therefore easier to read

making fonts bold therefore easier to read: Hello I have been reading some of the comments about later editions of Windows 10 home, having "improvements" which effectively make life harder for some users, myself included. I have a mild visual impairment and need to have fonts in BOLD for ease of reading/eyesight on...
  8. Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger

Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger: Prior to the Creators edition I was able to make the fonts under each desktop icon larger and bold. When I installed the Creators update those fonts reverted to their defaults and I can find no way to change them back to the way I had them. I think I used Control...
  9. Making menu and font text bold.

Making menu and font text bold.: I could do this in all other Windows but I can't find it in 10. What am I missing? 39067
  10. Registry file to restore custom fonts settings? Size and Bold

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry file to restore custom fonts settings? Size and Bold: I use Winaero Tweaker on a couple of computers, to increase font sizes. Sometimes, when there's a Windows update, the custom settings go back to the default. Using an ICC profile helped, with the settings not being retained for some other reason, but it still does this after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bold text windows 10

2. file explorer font type bold

3. how to bold the text in the file explorer

4. file explorer bold,
  5. bold file explorer,
  6. file explorer in bold,
  7. bold numbers in file explorer,
  8. file explorer font increase bold,
  9. file explorer letters bold