Windows 10: File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10

Discus and support File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It is happened again. The last update changed my File Explorer format to group by day, week etc. I just want to have it sort alphabetically. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomBlanco, Feb 13, 2020.

1. TomBlanco Win User

File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10

It is happened again. The last update changed my File Explorer format to group by day, week etc. I just want to have it sort alphabetically. I tried the solution given last August 2019 but it no longer works. I would really appreciate the help on this.

Thanks.

:)

TomBlanco, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
  3. John Ado Win User
    File Explorer resetting to Details after Anniversary Update

Hi,

Let's get this sorted out. We suggest you try these troubleshooting steps:

• Start the Windows in clean boot. To do this, follow the steps
      here
    • Once in clean boot environment, change the settings again to set it back to
      List
      . Normally, changing the view style in the bottom right of the window and exiting File Explorer should do the trick. The next time you open File Explorer, it should default to the last view style selected.
    • If the issue persist, let's run SFC scan to look for corrupted files. Here's
      how
    • Restart the computer normally.

Share with us the results.

Thanks.

John Ado, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10 :p

Frick, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File Explorer format

2. Windows 10 File Explorer has changed after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer has changed after latest update: After the latest update I went into File Explorer devices and other things have changed and are missing I have to go into Quick access arrow next to it to find more. When did this update change and why its so annoying now here is a photo what I am looking at now when I first...
  3. Format of File Explorer changed on me.

Format of File Explorer changed on me.: I'm not visual, so it's difficult to explain how my File Explorer used to look, but one thing for sure is that there was a little icon somewhere in the upper right where I could easily change the type of display of files, Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, Detail... etc. Now I...
  4. File Explorer Appearance changes after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Appearance changes after update: I have noticed that my file explorer has changed its appearance to a windows 7 like appearance. Especially that am using dark mode its become difficult for me to read some file names in the address. I have inserted a picture to show this difference. How can I revert to the...
  5. File Format Associations for Windows 10 File Explorer??

File Format Associations for Windows 10 File Explorer??: How to I preview SVG files in Windows 10 File Explorer? Or PNG's?? Shouldn't there be a way to specify viewing the actual photo within File Explorer?? Or do I need to purchase an Apple?? Not sure what to do???...
  6. file explorer changed appearance after update

file explorer changed appearance after update: Hi all. My system auto updated and now my file explorer has changed it's appearance and I hate it. How can I get the old format back? TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-changed-appearance-after-update/3306555e-05f6-438c-87de-66ed2b0cae2c
  7. changing a file format

changing a file format: I am trying to change an email file into a different file format so I am able to upload it to a company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-file-format/54867f08-bcaa-419b-aada-2c6b5e3a26d7"
  8. FILE EXPLORER CHANGE AFTER AN UPDATE

FILE EXPLORER CHANGE AFTER AN UPDATE: After I receive a windows update and use file explorer it will remain on the last sub folder that I used rather than going back to the main folder. I really like when it stays on the last sub folder but this stops days afterwards. I don't see a setting to keep this as a...
  9. File explorer format

File explorer format: After the recent 1903 update I had noticed that the downloads folder in file explorer had a weird format to it. It was organized by "friendly date". is there any way to revert to the original layout prior to 1903? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows file explorer background color changed after update

Windows file explorer background color changed after update: After receiving the update for windows 10, my folder windows colors changed to black and text to white. A feature many have wanted by all the forum posts I have read spanning years but I do not, I wish the default colors. No file explorer software has been installed. My theme...