Windows 10: File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

Discus and support File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all,I´m using Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.2965.Since a couple of days I´m having trouble every time I try to open, CTRL-C or right-click any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lars Neidhold, May 17, 2023.

1. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

Hi all,I´m using Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.2965.Since a couple of days I´m having trouble every time I try to open, CTRL-C or right-click any folder or file that is synced via OneDrive or Dropbox. I´ll get the hourglass and nothing happens for 30s. After that the operation is executed successfully.It does not help, when I terminate the OneDrive or Dropbox client.It´s getting really annoying and my colleagues with similar setups do not have this issue.RegardsLars

:)

Lars Neidhold, May 17, 2023
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works.

Uninstall OneDrive:

• Search ‘CMD’ from the start menu and choose ‘Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy paste the following command and hit enter:

taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
    • Copy paste the following command and hit enter once the command mentioned above is completed:

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
    Delete OneDrive related files:

• Open ‘File Explorer’ and type ‘%UserProfile%\OneDrive’ in the address bar.
    • Select all the files and Delete.
    • Type ‘%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive’ in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Right click the logs folder and Delete.
    • Delete all the files except the ‘Update’
      folder.
    • Type ‘%ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive’ in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Delete all the files present there.
    • Type C:\OneDriveTemp in the address bar and tap Enter.
    • Delete all the files and restart the computer.

Reinstall OneDrive:

• Open File Explorer and type the following in the address bar:

C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive
    • Double click the Update folder and run the
      OneDriveSetup file.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall OneDrive.

Check if the issue persists after reinstalling OneDrive.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, May 17, 2023
  3. OneDrive folders will not open in File Explorer

OneDrive folders (e.g. Documents, Pictures, etc.) will not open using File Explorer. File Explorer hangs. Folders and files using OneDrive app and OneDrive online work correctly. OneDrive folders do open correctly using a non-Microsoft file manager
    (TreeSize Personal).

donaldkaplan, May 17, 2023
  4. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox)

Is there a way to stop program folders from appearing more than one in file explorer? OneDrive and Dropbox appear in the navigation pane under Desktop and my user folder.

JordanWhitworth, May 17, 2023
Thema:

File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

1. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders - Similar Threads - File Explorer freezes

2. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders: Hi all,I´m using Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.2965.Since a couple of days I´m having trouble every time I try to open, CTRL-C or right-click any folder or file that is synced via OneDrive or Dropbox. I´ll get the hourglass and nothing happens for 30s. After that the...
  3. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders: Hi all,I´m using Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.2965.Since a couple of days I´m having trouble every time I try to open, CTRL-C or right-click any folder or file that is synced via OneDrive or Dropbox. I´ll get the hourglass and nothing happens for 30s. After that the...
  4. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files. i have already asked this but it came back, every single method i tried only fixes for a few days then it comes back...
  5. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files. i have already asked this but it came back, every single method i tried only fixes for a few days then it comes back...
  6. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

7. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  8. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  9. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

10. file explorer freezes when i right click on a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer freezes when i right click on a file: file explorer freezes when i right click on a file, i ran sfc /scannow but it reports that nothing is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-freezes-when-i-right-click-on-a-file/46248c43-55b8-41a7-a1b1-ea300801f245