Windows 10: File Explorer freezes and loads files one by one when I open certain folders

Discus and support File Explorer freezes and loads files one by one when I open certain folders in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; NOTE TO MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES AND INDEPENDENT ADVISORS: I kindly request that you don't reply with a generic copy/pasted wall of text until you've read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by one_eyed_man, Aug 19, 2021.

1. File Explorer freezes and loads files one by one when I open certain folders

NOTE TO MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES AND INDEPENDENT ADVISORS: I kindly request that you don't reply with a generic copy/pasted wall of text until you've read this entire first post. No disrespect, I just don't want to waste anyone's time with suggestions that I've already tried or tips that are irrelevant to my issue. Thank you =.Here's my issue: when I open certain folders on my Windows 10 PC, Explorer freezes up and I have to wait for the folder contents to individually "load" before it unfreezes. I recorded this video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYhG59DRcTgThe first time I e

:)

one_eyed_man, Aug 19, 2021

2. Searching folders freezes file explorer

Suggestions? WHen i try looking in folders, file explorer freezes

brettbonner, Aug 19, 2021
  3. File Explorer freezes in certain files

It seems that a systematic approach is required. From your previous posts I take it that the following statements are correct:

• Windows Explorer freezes when you double click any type of file (.docx, .xlsx, .txt, .mp3, .jpg)
    • The problem happens independently of the folder where these files reside.
    • The problem does not happen while in Safe Mode.
    • The problem persists after formatting the system partition and re-installing Windows 10 from a Windows 10 installation medium.
    If all of the above statements are correct then one would conclude that the problem is caused by some application that you installed after re-installing Windows. To find out what it is you need to do this:

• Perform yet another installation of Windows.
    • Create an image of the completed installation. Store it on an external USB disk.
    • Check if the problem persists.
    • If it does not, install one or two of your applications.
    • Check if the problem is back. If it is, uninstall the new applications or restore the image you created in Step 2.
    • If the problem is not back, install more applications and keep checking if the problem returns.

Frederik Long, Aug 19, 2021
  4. File Explorer freezes and loads files one by one when I open certain folders

Opening some certain folders are causing file explorer to crash

When i open some certain folders the file explorer crashes.

Aniket Kapoor, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer freezes and loads files one by one when I open certain folders

1. File Explorer freezes and loads files one by one when I open certain folders - Similar Threads - File Explorer freezes

2. Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear: this problem did not occur on windows 10 but after i upgraded this problem consistantly occurs where each name blanks out and i cant edit any file or interact with it untill every name blanks out and reappears...
  3. Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear: I've been dealing with a persistent issue the last several weeks and it seems like restarting my PC completely resolves it for a day or two. So occasionally when I open up a folder in explorer I have to wait to do anything because all the files in said folder will have their...
  4. Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, when I open a folder file names disappear one by one and then reappear: I've been dealing with a persistent issue the last several weeks and it seems like restarting my PC completely resolves it for a day or two. So occasionally when I open up a folder in explorer I have to wait to do anything because all the files in said folder will have their...
  5. Files disappears one by one when opening folder !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files disappears one by one when opening folder !: Hi,Some times when I open a folder, files start to disappear one by one and then shows, I have took a video of it you can see it link below.Anyone suggests what could cause this problem ?https://streamable.com/fu6701...
  6. Files disappears one by one when opening folder !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files disappears one by one when opening folder !: Hi,Some times when I open a folder, files start to disappear one by one and then shows, I have took a video of it you can see it link below.Anyone suggests what could cause this problem ?https://streamable.com/fu6701...
  7. Files disappears one by one when opening folder !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Explorer Crashes when Opening files within one specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Crashes when Opening files within one specific folder: I have a folder for one of my classes, and every file within it not only fails to be opened, but the entire program stops responding altogether. It prevents me from uploading my completed assignments, and while I can open files from within Microsoft Word and such, I am...
  9. File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder: When I open certain folders on my Windows 10 PC, Explorer freezes up and I have to wait for the folder contents to individually "load" before it unfreezes. I recorded this video of the issue: The first time I encountered this glitch was a few weeks ago, immediately after I...
  10. File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder: NOTE TO MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES AND INDEPENDENT ADVISORS: I kindly request that you don't reply with a generic copy/pasted wall of text until you've read this entire first post. No disrespect, I just don't want to waste anyone's time with suggestions that I've already tried or...