Windows 10: File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

Discus and support File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoshuaMarlatt1, Oct 3, 2022.

1. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have now restarted it 3 times, my desktop has also been restarted. I would like to not have to connect a monitor to my media server to delete a video or two.And now it refuses to close no matter what I do so I can't even try again.

:)

JoshuaMarlatt1, Oct 3, 2022

2. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Oct 3, 2022
  3. temp02 Win User
    Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Oct 3, 2022
  4. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

Disconnected network drive showing in File Explorer

Recently a strange drive appeared in File Explorer. It is labeled (AFile Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive :) Disconnected Network Drive.

I have NEVER mapped a network drive on this computer. When I attempt to right click and disconnect I get a box saying "This network connection does not exist." If I just click on it I get a box saying it is not accessible. Access is denied. Properties
    simply says it is empty.

I cannot get rid of it. Trying to delete it under Drive Mapping in Explorer yields an error message saying it does not exist.

I went to safe mode with networking. It does NOT appear in File Explorer in Safe Mode. However it continues to appear in normal mode.

It is as if Windows just made something up to clutter my File Explorer.

BTW I already tried using admin command prompt to delete it. I get an error message saying that the drive does not exist.

Someone on a forum suggested trying to map a new drive on the same drive letter. Win 10 will not even display drive A as a choice in the dropdown.

How do I get rid of this?

DouglasLathrop, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

1. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive - Similar Threads - File Explorer Freezes

2. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File: for some reason every time I try and install an exe like DiscordSetup.exe or any other exe. My file explorer will freeze for ever and I cant exit out of it and it opens windows dialog and I cant close that either and then later on it will open up the exe in like 5-10 minutes...
  3. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File: for some reason every time I try and install an exe like DiscordSetup.exe or any other exe. My file explorer will freeze for ever and I cant exit out of it and it opens windows dialog and I cant close that either and then later on it will open up the exe in like 5-10 minutes...
  4. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it: Specifically, the operation gets stuck when I try to move it to another folder, it does nothing when I try to delete it, freezes the window when I try to delete it, and fails to open. What do I do?...
  6. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it: Specifically, the operation gets stuck when I try to move it to another folder, it does nothing when I try to delete it, freezes the window when I try to delete it, and fails to open. What do I do?...
  7. A file freezes the file explorer every time I interact with it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Every time I try to delete a file, it takes forever.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to delete a file, it takes forever.: Deleting even a single file from my downloads folder is taking forever. It takes about 1-3 mins to delete a file.If I choose multiple files 4 or more to be deleted, the file explorer stops responding...
  9. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive: It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have now restarted it 3 times, my desktop has also been restarted. I would like to not have to connect a monitor to my media server...
  10. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive: It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have now restarted it 3 times, my desktop has also been restarted. I would like to not have to connect a monitor to my media server...