Windows 10: File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

Discus and support File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoshuaMarlatt1, Oct 3, 2022.

1. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have now restarted it 3 times, my desktop has also been restarted. I would like to not have to connect a monitor to my media server to delete a video or two.And now it refuses to close no matter what I do so I can't even try again.

:)

JoshuaMarlatt1, Oct 3, 2022

2. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Oct 3, 2022
  3. temp02 Win User
    Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Oct 3, 2022
  4. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

Disconnected network drive showing in File Explorer

Recently a strange drive appeared in File Explorer. It is labeled (AFile Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive :) Disconnected Network Drive.

I have NEVER mapped a network drive on this computer. When I attempt to right click and disconnect I get a box saying "This network connection does not exist." If I just click on it I get a box saying it is not accessible. Access is denied. Properties
    simply says it is empty.

I cannot get rid of it. Trying to delete it under Drive Mapping in Explorer yields an error message saying it does not exist.

I went to safe mode with networking. It does NOT appear in File Explorer in Safe Mode. However it continues to appear in normal mode.

It is as if Windows just made something up to clutter my File Explorer.

BTW I already tried using admin command prompt to delete it. I get an error message saying that the drive does not exist.

Someone on a forum suggested trying to map a new drive on the same drive letter. Win 10 will not even display drive A as a choice in the dropdown.

How do I get rid of this?

DouglasLathrop, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

1. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive - Similar Threads - File Explorer Freezes

2. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive: It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have now restarted it 3 times, my desktop has also been restarted. I would like to not have to connect a monitor to my media server...
  3. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive: It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have now restarted it 3 times, my desktop has also been restarted. I would like to not have to connect a monitor to my media server...
  4. Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.: Why do I not see the option for Mapping Network Drive under more options and under This PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-network-drive-in-file-explorer/f3a47487-dea4-4284-9ed0-f97bad2de702
  5. Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.: Why do I not see the option for Mapping Network Drive under more options and under This PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-network-drive-in-file-explorer/f3a47487-dea4-4284-9ed0-f97bad2de702
  6. File explorer crashing every other time I use it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashing every other time I use it: I've had this problem for a few weeks now. I use it to upload something, or just open it to use the files directly, and before it even loads anything it freezes and goes white. The only way to fix this is to close it, which takes multiple seconds and sometimes even requires...
  7. File explorer prompt closes the editing while I try to edit the file name every time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer prompt closes the editing while I try to edit the file name every time: Hi All, I tried almost everything what I got from the people of Internet. The problem is, when I try to edit a file name, the editing closes while I'm typing. Every time. This problem have been started few weeks ago. I need help asap because I need it for work...
  8. A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it: Hello there, I have an issue that is killing my C drive's space; a one file that takes up almost 100 Gbs. Not only this, but also it reappears and doubles in size every time I delete it. I tried to scan it multiple times using windows security center, yet there is the no...
  9. Every time I try to open a picture by right clicking on it , Windows File Explorer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every time I try to open a picture by right clicking on it , Windows File Explorer...: Hi. Every time I try to open a picture by right clicking on it, Windows File Explorer crashes/not responds This happens, only when the picture is inside a Folder. My PC runs Windows 10 with the latest updates. Any suggestion/help would be much appreciated. Thanks in...
  10. Windos 10 file explorer crashes every time trying to open it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windos 10 file explorer crashes every time trying to open it.: Hello can you help me my windows 10 are crashing just like in this video. I tried to watch videos in youtube and find the answer, but non of them get the problem fix. 55265