Windows 10: File explorer freezes for a moment while copying files

Discus and support File explorer freezes for a moment while copying files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I´m on latest Windows 10 update. Lately, while copying or moving files from one folder to another, the mouse with the copying file just freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ericson1998, Nov 23, 2019.

1. File explorer freezes for a moment while copying files

Hello. I´m on latest Windows 10 update. Lately, while copying or moving files from one folder to another, the mouse with the copying file just freezes at the edge of the folder I´m copying from. I cannot move the mouse for 5 seconds or so and then it unfreezes. It´s not that big of a bug, but it´s a bit annoying. Do you have the same issue or know how to fix it, please?

submitted by /u/ericson1998
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ericson1998, Nov 23, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 23, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

File explorer freezes for a moment while copying files

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

File explorer freezes for a moment while copying files

1. File explorer freezes for a moment while copying files - Similar Threads - File explorer freezes

2. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  3. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  4. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer freezing: HelloI have an issue with my File Explorer.Every time I download a file and then try to immediately use it as an attachment, it either completely freezes or crashes.Sometimes it even forces me to do a restart.Please kindly advise.Thank you....
  6. Windows Explorer Freezes up when copying a file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Freezes up when copying a file: Whenever I try to copy a file over from an SSD to my Hard Drive, File Explorer freezes up and restarts. The link to this video is https://streamable.com/o88gmm submitted by /u/DuxOfTech [link] [comments]...
  7. Copying files in File Explorer

Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  8. File Explorer Freezing / Not Copying Individual Files with Ctrl+C

File Explorer Freezing / Not Copying Individual Files with Ctrl+C: File Explorer keeps freezing whenever I try to copy and paste individual pdf/word/excel files into the same folder. It will freeze for 5-10 seconds then not copy the file. It only does this when using Ctrl+C and not when I right click, copy, and paste....
  9. file explorer freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer freeze: My File Explorer keeps freezing up. Can't move files, rename files, or even delete them without having it freeze up. Three month old computer and it hasn't worked correctly from the beginning. I have tried everything on the web it would seem but with no luck My system...
  10. Windows 10 v1803 freezes while copying files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v1803 freezes while copying files: I am currently running Windows 10 v1803 Os Build 17134.228, although this problem has been occurring prior to this build of v1803. I am trying to restore my files after reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch. When I copy/restore my files either by using Windows Explorer...