Windows 10: File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file

Discus and support File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to open an mp4 file and when I clicked on it my file explorer freezed. I tried yo follow some solutions and it turns out I also cant run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gamer noob43, Mar 16, 2021.

1. File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file

I was trying to open an mp4 file and when I clicked on it my file explorer freezed. I tried yo follow some solutions and it turns out I also cant run the trouble shooter. when I try to open it I get this error: windows cannot access the specified device or file for MSDT.exe. so I tried to go to properties for MSDT.exe and that didn't work. Finally I found out today that I cant run cod prompt as an administrator, only normal cmd prompt. I also tried deleting my anti virus witch had no effect. I think it may be a problem with my admin privileges but this just suddenly happened with no warning, and my account has full administrator access. PLEASE HELP

:)

gamer noob43, Mar 16, 2021
  2. cbae Win User

Right-clicking on MP4 files freezes Explorer

When Explorer freezes, the window becomes completely non-responsive. I can't even bring it to the foreground again once another window takes focus.

This has actually happened to me before with PDF files. Now it's happening with MP4 files. The workaround before was to restart Windows. I'm not sure if that's the case with MP4 files yet, as I want to post this first before restarting.

3. gasolin Win User
    Convert vob files into mp4 (chromecast)

I have draged the files from videos (dvd's) on to my pc, now i need to convert them from vob into mp4 video so i can watch it using my chromecast (have bought my first media server).

My problem is i want it converted into one video i can click on and press play, because it's chromecast it has to be mp4 but most programs i have tried like handbreak makes the video smaller or bigger then the original size on the dvd or just converts the 10-15 vob files into 10-15 mp4 files, not one file i can click on and play. I want it losless not compromised

After that i can start ripping dvd's in mp4 instead of just draggin the files into a folder and right click on the folder and choose to play it with vlc.

What program can do that? I want a free program but if i have to i will pay for it if it's a good program that's better then all the free program, as long as it works, convert the video into one video file in mp4

gasolin, Mar 16, 2021
  4. File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file

USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file

1. File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file - Similar Threads - File explorer freezes

2. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files. i have already asked this but it came back, every single method i tried only fixes for a few days then it comes back...
  3. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files. i have already asked this but it came back, every single method i tried only fixes for a few days then it comes back...
  4. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  6. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  7. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Explorer freezes after clicking on file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer freezes after clicking on file: I'm trying to add some stuff to a game, but every time i click on a file, the window freezes. Folders don't do that though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-freezes-after-clicking-on-file/62b24871-3bf5-4d4c-93cd-fd477ae2c528
  9. file explorer freezes when i right click on a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer freezes when i right click on a file: file explorer freezes when i right click on a file, i ran sfc /scannow but it reports that nothing is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-freezes-when-i-right-click-on-a-file/46248c43-55b8-41a7-a1b1-ea300801f245
  10. File Explorer keeps freezing when I right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer keeps freezing when I right click: I keep trying to right click on File Explorer but it will just freeze, and to close it I have to open Task Manager. I tried googling it but all I could find were Malware Guides that want you to download their special virus cleaner, or didn't relate to my problem. Please help....