Windows 10: File Explorer Freezes - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Discus and support File Explorer Freezes - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Team, I have update all Windows Updates and Norton Internet Security. Every now and then its getting hand. I have am not able to access most of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A S Ramesh, May 15, 2019.

1. File Explorer Freezes - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Team,

I have update all Windows Updates and Norton Internet Security. Every now and then its getting hand. I have am not able to access most of the folders.

I already tried SFC & DISM Option uninstalled few updates and reinstalled updates and all are uptodate.

Regards

Ramesh A S

:)

A S Ramesh, May 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2019
  3. windows 10 pro 64 bit freezes randomly

Dear Zigzag3143,

I have installed almost same programs on both the computers (32 bit laptop and 64 bit desktop). The programs show no conflict (freezing) with windows 7 professional (64 bit) on the same desktop but, windows 10 pro freezes randomly with the same programs.

Interestingly, checking system before installing the upgrade to Windows 10 pro approves the system for installing the upgrade. So, there seems to be no problem with the desktop hardware for windows 10 pro.

VivekVerma_959, May 15, 2019
  4. File Explorer Freezes - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

windows 10 pro 64 bit freezes randomly

I have upgraded from windows 7 professional (64 bit) to windows 10 pro 64 bits through windows update. after the installation completed and I started working on windows 10 pro, it started freezing at at any unpredicted moment of time and with every such
    freeze it requires a restart (mouse and keyboard stop working). This never happened with my previous windows (windows 7 professional 64 bit).

My system has:

Processor: 2nd Gen Intel Core I 7 (Sandy bridge), speed 3.4 GHz

RAM: 16 GB DDR3, 1333 MHz

Hard disk: 2TB, 7200 RPM

I had to switch back to windows 7 professional twice after full installation of windows 10 pro. Kindly give me a solution to my problem as early as possible.

VivekVerma_959, May 15, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Freezes - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

1. File Explorer Freezes - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - Similar Threads - File Explorer Freezes

2. File Explorer windows10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer windows10 64 bit: When I run file explorer I have two music files listed under This PC.The first gives the location under the General tab as "C: \User\username\NetHood"and Under the location Tab as "C: \User\username\NetHood\Music"the second occurrence givesGeneral Tab "C:...
  3. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / File Explorer Crash Windows Fresh Install

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / File Explorer Crash Windows Fresh Install: Crashdump folder: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApeZktLG-YD8kCq_4jsBqQQ8Oscv?e=dmCfRb Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.19041.662 Application...
  4. Windows 10 pro 64 bits freeze randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pro 64 bits freeze randomly: Hi there, first of all I want to apologize, my english isnt very good. About 2 months ago my pc is been freezing randomly, it happens when I am playing or watching a video, some days happen, some days dont. Until now it has never happend in other moment. I cant move the...
  5. Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh

Windows 10 64 bit file explorer auto refresh: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently updated to the latest version of windows 10 and surface book 2 firmware. After rebooting i realized that file explorer auto refresh had stopped working. After reading and doing alittle investigating i found that many others...
  6. Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit: How do I update 32bit Windows 10 Pro on a 64bit system to 64bit OP Sys x 64bit Processor System? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pro-10-32-bit-to-64-bit/e10c32dc-cebb-4569-b469-8dd000e1935b
  7. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly: I've been dealing with random hard freezes with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit builds since 2016. I don't have this issue with Windows 7 Pro 64bit and I'm using identical hardware. Virtually nothing has changed hardware wise between Windows 7 and Windows 10. This is a custom built...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit: I have been using Clonezilla-live for years. It no longer works as both my computers are UEFI. What suggestions do you have that will not cost me a fortune to back up my computers. Thank for any help. 143195
  9. Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Keeps Freezing/Locking up

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Keeps Freezing/Locking up: I've been getting this issue as of late and I don't know why. Contrary to what seems to be the popular case, I did not suffer through this when I installed the first creators update. I've run through certain tests involving file system checks, memory checks, and other...
  10. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Random Freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Random Freezing: Hello I recently updated my desktop PC to Windows 10 Pro. My setup has Windows 10 on a 480 GB SSD with 2 secondary drives. My system experiences periodic freezing it was much worse before I updated the system through windows update. The system freezes and I get the blue...