Windows 10: File Explorer Freezing / Not Copying Individual Files with Ctrl+C

Discus and support File Explorer Freezing / Not Copying Individual Files with Ctrl+C in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer keeps freezing whenever I try to copy and paste individual pdf/word/excel files into the same folder. It will freeze for 5-10 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kathleen Gallagher, Feb 15, 2020.

1. File Explorer Freezing / Not Copying Individual Files with Ctrl+C

File Explorer keeps freezing whenever I try to copy and paste individual pdf/word/excel files into the same folder. It will freeze for 5-10 seconds then not copy the file. It only does this when using Ctrl+C and not when I right click, copy, and paste.

:)

Kathleen Gallagher, Feb 15, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 15, 2020
  4. File Explorer Freezing / Not Copying Individual Files with Ctrl+C

moving movie files

yep click the file then hold ctrl and c then open the folder/drive you wanna put that file then hold ctrl and v. other you can use right click and follow the same thing copy and paste

micropage7, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Freezing / Not Copying Individual Files with Ctrl+C

1. File Explorer Freezing / Not Copying Individual Files with Ctrl+C - Similar Threads - File Explorer Freezing

2. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  3. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  4. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer?: Ctrl-C works otherwise such as NotePad App but not File Explorere.Is there a setting to prevent Ctrl-C when using File Explorer?To copy a file, I am now limited to Mouse until this is fixed....
  6. How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer?

How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer?: Ctrl-C works otherwise such as NotePad App but not File Explorere.Is there a setting to prevent Ctrl-C when using File Explorer?To copy a file, I am now limited to Mouse until this is fixed....
  7. When press Ctrl-C to copy sth, the file explorer and system stop working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When press Ctrl-C to copy sth, the file explorer and system stop working.: As the title says.When trying to copy sth, the system will probably stop working for a while, and then recover to work after about 30-40 seconds.I am trying to solve this annoying problem.If anyone can help?...
  8. When press Ctrl-C to copy sth, the file explorer and system stop working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When press Ctrl-C to copy sth, the file explorer and system stop working.: As the title says.When trying to copy sth, the system will probably stop working for a while, and then recover to work after about 30-40 seconds.I am trying to solve this annoying problem.If anyone can help?...
  9. When press Ctrl-C to copy sth, the file explorer and system stop working.

10. File explorer freezes for a moment while copying files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer freezes for a moment while copying files: Hello. I´m on latest Windows 10 update. Lately, while copying or moving files from one folder to another, the mouse with the copying file just freezes at the edge of the folder I´m copying from. I cannot move the mouse for 5 seconds or so and then it unfreezes. It´s not that...