Windows 10: File Explorer: Globally Add Bit Rate "Sort By" Item in Details Mode

Discus and support File Explorer: Globally Add Bit Rate "Sort By" Item in Details Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am (as of this writing) using Windows 10 Preview Build 14390. My question has to do with customizing folders in File Explorer. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jdanniel, Jul 18, 2016.

1. jdanniel Win User

File Explorer: Globally Add Bit Rate "Sort By" Item in Details Mode

Hello, I am (as of this writing) using Windows 10 Preview Build 14390. My question has to do with customizing folders in File Explorer.

Is there a way to customize every folder/subfolder on my system (including external hard drives, USB flash drives, and CD/DVD) so that the Bit Rate type I’ve selected in the Sort By context menu is displayed in “Display” Mode?

As of right now, it seems I have to add this option manually to each and every folder I use, one at a time.

If this is possible, what is the procedure? Also, if it is possible, will it work for new folders, as well? And will it work if I rename a folder?

The Bit Rate option need only appear in folders that contain audio files. Is there a way to restrict this option so that it doesn’t appear in every folder? (It’s not a big deal if it can’t.)

Here’s a screen shot of what I’m referring to:

File Explorer:  Globally Add Bit Rate "Sort By" Item in Details Mode [​IMG]

Thank you for any assistance! J. Danniel

:)

jdanniel, Jul 18, 2016
  2. StuMac52 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing and Restarting On All 4 Of My Computers

I've added a Normal Mode "Recent Items" dump to Onedrive:

Computer1-normal-mode-RecentItems-explorer.exe.8656.dmp

I'm having problems getting a dump file when in Safe Mode. If I add a folder, which normally would cause an explorer crash, I see explorer freeze and crash but I'm not getting a dump file. Do I have to change something in Safe Mode to enable dumps?

Thanks

StuMac52, Jul 18, 2016
  3. adding items in "send to" in file explorer

How can I add items in "send to" in file explorer. The only item that shows up is Blue tooth.

JoeGurowka, Jul 18, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @jdanniel, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Set your preferred view, then click on your View Tab, then Options:

then Apply... 3 - 6:

It should apply those preferences to all folders of that type in that directory.

Edwin, Jul 18, 2016
  5. jdanniel Win User
    Very good. That did the trick. Thank you.

jdanniel, Jul 18, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    You're welcome. Enjoy your stay at 10F! *Smile

Edwin, Jul 18, 2016
  7. jdanniel Win User
    Quick follow-up question: This doesn't seem to work for new folders, or uncompressed/unzipped folders. Does this procedure work only for folders that already exist on my system? Thank you.

jdanniel, Jul 18, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Depends where the folder came from or where it was created and what it contains.
    Right click the folder, choose Properties/Customize and Optimize the folder accordingly.
    It should apply your settings.

Edwin, Jul 18, 2016
  9. jdanniel Win User
    Thank you again. It's not a big deal if one folder here or there needs to be customized manually. I was concerned about having to customize an external hard drive's worth of folders and subfolders. I greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you. Jd

jdanniel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer: Globally Add Bit Rate "Sort By" Item in Details Mode - Similar Threads - File Explorer Globally

2. File Explorer opens in 'Detail' mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer opens in 'Detail' mode: I'm working on a project that I was working on prior to upgrading to Windows 11. Now when I open it the folders open in "Detail" mode instead of 'Large Icons". I set it to 'Large Icons'. A few hours later when I open it again it's back to "Detail'. Is it possible to set my...
  3. File Explorer opens in 'Detail' mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer opens in 'Detail' mode: I'm working on a project that I was working on prior to upgrading to Windows 11. Now when I open it the folders open in "Detail" mode instead of 'Large Icons". I set it to 'Large Icons'. A few hours later when I open it again it's back to "Detail'. Is it possible to set my...
  4. Why is it so inconvenient to sort items in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is it so inconvenient to sort items in file explorer?: Shouldn't clicking on "Type" sort the files by type, like it always has? Why would you hide the ability to actually sort files the way you want them under a separate, hard to find menu called "group by"? What a trash idea.I just found out you can "group by" none. That is so...
  5. Audio Files - File Explorer Sort by Sample Rate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Files - File Explorer Sort by Sample Rate: I am working with audio files : WAV; AIFF; MP3. I want to preview, rename, move to folders. I use this AutoHotKey script to preview the files. https://pastebin.com/N48EkVRa It does not release the file to allow you to rename it but it just about works. I can at least...
  6. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  7. File Explorer Sorting

File Explorer Sorting: I have one folder in File Explorer that sorts by 0 -9, A-H, I-P, Q-Z. All other folders sort by folders are on the top, files on the bottom, sorted by alpha. How do I change so it's sorted by folders, files in alpha? Thanks....
  8. Sorting with File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting with File Explorer.: Just been doing a job for a client and got frustrated. Been downloading many files and folders and wanted to sort by date order. FE sorts files by date and folders by date but sorts them separately so I had to keep scrolling up and down. I want it like below:- Name Date...
  9. How to add details to mkv files for explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add details to mkv files for explorer?: Hi, is there any way to add details to mkv files and with details I mean for example year? So I can sort my mkv files in folder by year? [img] 86947
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119