Windows 10: File Explorer GONE

Discus and support File Explorer GONE in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I was just trying to delete some stuff, then suddenly my computer crashed. When I reopened it, and logged in, there was just a blank screen. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anonymous_091, Jan 16, 2020.

1. File Explorer GONE

So I was just trying to delete some stuff, then suddenly my computer crashed. When I reopened it, and logged in, there was just a blank screen. I opened Task Manager, then found out File Explorer was not there. I tried running it from Task Manager, but it says the file can't be found. I also can't open Settings and the Control Panel, so I can't even restore my system I created a bunch of restore points. I am running Google from the Task Manager now. Do any of you know how to solve this? Or how to restore my system without Settings or the Control Panel? Please help I am very desperate. By the way, I can't access the Start menu, since File Explorer is gone.

:)

Anonymous_091, Jan 16, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

File Explorer GONE

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer GONE

1. File Explorer GONE - Similar Threads - File Explorer GONE

2. sorting options in file explorer are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sorting options in file explorer are gone: Not long ago, I was able to select "sort by" and at the bottom of the list was "show more options" or something like that. That gave you numerous other sorting options, but that option is now gone. Where'd it go?...
  3. sorting options in file explorer are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sorting options in file explorer are gone: Not long ago, I was able to select "sort by" and at the bottom of the list was "show more options" or something like that. That gave you numerous other sorting options, but that option is now gone. Where'd it go?...
  4. Menubar in File Explorer is gone after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Menubar in File Explorer is gone after Windows Update: After I installed Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22631.2129 KB5029359 and Update Stack Package - Version 1201.2307.25022.0 the menu bar of the file explorer is gone. An screenshot is attached.Menu Bar GoneWindows UpdateHow can I fix it?...
  5. Menubar in File Explorer is gone after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Menubar in File Explorer is gone after Windows Update: After I installed Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22631.2129 KB5029359 and Update Stack Package - Version 1201.2307.25022.0 the menu bar of the file explorer is gone. An screenshot is attached.Menu Bar GoneWindows UpdateHow can I fix it?...
  6. Why is File Explorer like this? The navigation tab is gone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is File Explorer like this? The navigation tab is gone.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kolbyng [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j78qo2/why_is_file_explorer_like_this_the_navigation_tab/
  7. Files gone??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files gone??: Hi! I’ve logged out of my computer around an hour ago, everything normal, no viruses, all good! But then, when I am trying to log in now, while my account name is still there and it accepts my password, it goes from saying welcome to preparing windows. After it finishes such,...
  8. File Explorer, where has details view gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, where has details view gone?: Since last update details view has disappeared. ALL folders now appear as icons not just photos. Why has this been changed? MS is getting as bad as Apple in forcing users to conform to their way of doing things. Why take away choice?...
  9. File explorer in dark theme gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer in dark theme gone!: Hello, After updating Windows to 1809 a couple weeks ago I was glad to start using File explorer dark theme. Last night I noticed that it's gone and back to the old white background theme. I can't recall what was changed, might have been a recent win update or disk cleanup...
  10. Desktop and File Explorer icons gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and File Explorer icons gone: Hello! I have readed some other posts about people who had the same problem as me, but none of those solutions worked for me. Basically today I booted up my computer and all of my icons are randomly gone, in File Explorer and on the desktop. I cannot go to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt file explorer have search tab windows 10

2. search ribbon windows 10 1909

3. no search ribbon windows 10 1909