Windows 10: File explorer graphics lag

Discus and support File explorer graphics lag in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Kronendal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga3pqv/file_explorer_graphics_lag/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kronendal, Apr 29, 2020.

1. File explorer graphics lag

/u/Kronendal, Apr 29, 2020

2. Lagging File Explorer

How old is your HDD?

If it is starting to fail (e.g. developing dodgy blocks/sectors) you can experience long delays when you try to access files on it.

Regardless of its age, I would suggest that you immediately backup your:
    • Personal files
    • Driver installers
    • Program installers and keys

lehnerus2000, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Explorer lagging when dragging files

File explorer graphics lag [​IMG]

GuyInDogSuit, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

File explorer graphics lag

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

File explorer graphics lag

1. File explorer graphics lag - Similar Threads - File explorer graphics

2. Lagging File explorer menu graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging File explorer menu graphics: any one having this issue? i cant work out the solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lagging-file-explorer-menu-graphics/60e603d4-f363-4351-8983-95aa06bc9efc
  3. File explorer lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer lag: Whenever I try use a click a file on file explorer it just stays there and load I tried waiting but it did this for about an a hour and its not just click files i tried to format my SD card and it just stayed there loading and when I try to unzip anything it just stays there...
  4. File Explorer Scroll Lag

File Explorer Scroll Lag: Hello, I have been experiencing lag when scrolling down the file tree in my file explorer. My mouse properties are fine and I am currently only experiencing this issue on my file explorer. I already reinstalled my GPU drivers but I have been unsuccessful in fixing this issue....
  5. File Explorer Navigation Pane graphics lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Navigation Pane graphics lag: [IMG] submitted by /u/Kronendal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga3ovs/file_explorer_navigation_pane_graphics_lag/
  6. File Explorer Navigation Pane graphics lag

File Explorer Navigation Pane graphics lag: [IMG] submitted by /u/Kronendal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga3on6/file_explorer_navigation_pane_graphics_lag/
  7. File explorer lagging

File explorer lagging: Hi! I have the following problem: I use Win 10 on my Dell notebook, and when I open the Windows File Explorer and try to resize it, then it starts lagging. This can be very annoying. Other applications work well without problem. What could be the problem? Can anyone help me?...
  8. File Explorer lags

File Explorer lags: I have a new Dell laptop, 64 bit, 8 gigs running Windows 10 Pro. This machine worked fine but I downloaded a zip file. After that I found that when I clicked and dragged my cursor to select some files , it results in a good deal of lag. The object was highlighted, File...
  9. Lagging File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Lagging File Explorer: I seem to have done something in file explorer on my desktop that I did not on my laptop. When I click on any hard drive or large folder, the search bar takes forever to show the files. This used to happen in W7 and continues to do so in W10. I have tried to find where to...
  10. File Explorer is lagging and freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is lagging and freezing: This is a very annoying problem I have in Windows 10. It has been like this for 2 weeks and after a lot of searching and posting in forums, I haven't got any fix whatsoever. I'll explain my problem: If I open This PC (for example) icon on my desktop, all of my RAM and CPU...