Windows 10: File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty

Discus and support File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Two PC, both Windows 10 latest version. File explorer "Group by name" on First PC: 3 groups starting with A-H Second PC: 4 groups starting with A-G... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim Vanderbilt, Dec 25, 2020.

1. File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty

Two PC, both Windows 10 latest version.

File explorer "Group by name" on

• First PC: 3 groups starting with A-H
    • Second PC: 4 groups starting with A-G

?????

:)

Jim Vanderbilt, Dec 25, 2020

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Jingles Win User
    My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.

My computer's name (Office) does not appear in the local Network list.
    It does appear on other computer's (XPS-Club) Network list.
    Office is primary system in my profile.
    XPS-Club is second system in my profile.

If I type \\Office in the Network Address bar, the name and associated shares is displayed in the local list.
    However, the information is only shown for the current file explorer session.

- - - Updated - - -

Upon reviewing my original post, I realized I really hadn't asked for help. I know there are many threads similar to mine, both on this forum and in many other forums on the internet, but I have yet to find a solution for my particular situation.

So, I am asking the members of this forum for assistance in getting my Office computer to display itself in its own network group.

Jingles, Dec 25, 2020
  4. File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty

File mover program other than File Explorer

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Are you the administrator of the account?

• Is the computer connected to a domain?

• Is the issue specific to a particular file type?

• Did you make any changes to the permission settings recently?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user
      names
      , click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
    • Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty

1. File explorer "Group by name" acts differenty - Similar Threads - File explorer Group

2. File Explorer Grouping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Grouping: I recently upgraded to 22H2. i want my folders to look like this instead it keeps resetting to thisI've tried doing this but it keeps resetting to defaults https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-grouping/07eb0397-6b70-4ab2-a9a8-6b2352cf94dd
  3. File Explorer Grouping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Grouping: I recently upgraded to 22H2. i want my folders to look like this instead it keeps resetting to thisI've tried doing this but it keeps resetting to defaults https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-grouping/07eb0397-6b70-4ab2-a9a8-6b2352cf94dd
  4. File Explorer Acting Up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Acting Up: Since 11/17, two computers on my network have experienced an issue with file explorer. They would open it up, and nothing would be showing except quick access, and it was trying to load. I was able to fixed this issue by restarting file explorer. Restarting the computer...
  5. File Explorer Acting Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Acting Up: Since 11/17, two computers on my network have experienced an issue with file explorer. They would open it up, and nothing would be showing except quick access, and it was trying to load. I was able to fixed this issue by restarting file explorer. Restarting the computer...
  6. File Explorer Acting Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer acting shifty

File Explorer acting shifty: When I try to delete something in the documents, it says I need permission from myself to delete it: [ATTACH] Also, when I try to add a folder it says it doesn't even exist although it clearly does: [ATTACH] The same exact thing happens with my Photos and Videos folder....
  8. Group By in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Group By in File Explorer: Hello, Each time I open "Downloads" folder in file explorer, its "Grouped By". Have to select "None" to view it normally. Next time its again "Grouped By". How do I get rid of this and set it to be always as "None". Answers will be appreciated. Thanks Window 10 pro x 64,...
  9. File explorer "Group by name" acts differently on almost identical PCs

File explorer "Group by name" acts differently on almost identical PCs: Two PC, both Windows 10, both latest version. Actually the 2nd computer is sort-of cloned, Windows was installed using MediaCreationTool20H2 created on PC 1. So one would expect to see the same if the same folder on portable HDD is opened. But there is a strange difference...
  10. My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.

My computer's name is not displayed in file explorer Network group.: My computer's name (Office) does not appear in the local Network list. It does appear on other computer's (XPS-Club) Network list. Office is primary system in my profile. XPS-Club is second system in my profile. If I type \\Office in the Network Address bar, the name and...