Windows 10: File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything

Discus and support File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, most of the times I want to use something, the Windows File Explorer hangs, I tried almost anything and nothing fixes it, some people told me that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Izanaski, Feb 11, 2021.

1. File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything

So, most of the times I want to use something, the Windows File Explorer hangs, I tried almost anything and nothing fixes it, some people told me that updating windows fixes it, but I did it and nothing.

submitted by /u/Izanaski
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Izanaski, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything

1. File explorer hangs when pressing right click on anything - Similar Threads - File explorer hangs

2. right clicking on anything in file explorer crashes file explorer windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right clicking on anything in file explorer crashes file explorer windows 11: read the title already did regedit stuff and clean boot stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-clicking-on-anything-in-file-explorer/73b62827-9c02-4ff9-8854-e87c2947744b
  3. right clicking on anything in file explorer crashes file explorer windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right clicking on anything in file explorer crashes file explorer windows 11: read the title already did regedit stuff and clean boot stuff https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-clicking-on-anything-in-file-explorer/73b62827-9c02-4ff9-8854-e87c2947744b
  4. Explorer.exe hangs when right clicking on desktop or in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer.exe hangs when right clicking on desktop or in file explorer.: Basically it crashes when I right click in explorer application or desktop so I cant delete files using mouse or create files. Also first time today onedrive crashed with it and I was instantly able to right click again. Usually it goes away after 2minutes and happens again...
  5. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  6. Windows 10 Right Click Makes File Explorer Hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Right Click Makes File Explorer Hang: Due to lack of space, I only managed to clear enough space to do the Windows 10 update last night. But today, the file explorer shortcut in the taskbar doesn't work, and when i right click an app in file explorer or desktop, the explorer hangs and I have to close it. I've...
  7. Explorer hangs on right-click on Office files in Windows 10

Explorer hangs on right-click on Office files in Windows 10: Since the last one week, this problem has reappeared after a year . Whenever I right-click or double-click on an Office file Word, Excel or PPT , explorer hangs and I am unable to open the file as intended. On doing some more research, I have been able to narrow down the...
  8. Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer

Right-clicking on a WAV file will hang Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/976417/high-cpu-usage-in-the-explorer-exe-process-when-you-open-a-folder-that This problem was allegedly fixed with Windows 10, but that's not the case on my machine. Explorer will hang mf.dll when trying to read metadata on a .wav...
  9. Windows Explorer Crash when right click on anything!

Windows Explorer Crash when right click on anything!: Please help I'm having a big problem every time I right click on any file or folder Windows Explorer Crashes this started for no reason if someone can help me it would be great....
  10. Right click hangs for File Explorer

Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...