Windows 10: File Explorer hangs when trying to interract with Microsoft Office documents

Discus and support File Explorer hangs when trying to interract with Microsoft Office documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had this problem before, but it went away on its own and now it has reappeared again. Any excel or word document in my folders cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Achi B, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Achi B Win User

File Explorer hangs when trying to interract with Microsoft Office documents

I have had this problem before, but it went away on its own and now it has reappeared again. Any excel or word document in my folders cannot be interacted with. I cannot even delete them, when I press on them with right click, try to move them anywhere or try to open them nothing happens, and then the file explorer hangs goes to Not Responding mode.

This seems like a very serious issue. What can I do to fix it?

:)

Achi B, Apr 3, 2020

2. microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, Apr 3, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    File explorer hangs

Sorry I got nothing more to suggest then.

File explorer hanging is an image issue. So if you can't do a repair upgrade or reset your PC then you can contact microsoft support directly to see if they have further steps but I am sure they are going to tell the same thing i did.

SarahKong, Apr 3, 2020
  4. File Explorer hangs when trying to interract with Microsoft Office documents

microsoft word 2003

Very ineteresing and unknown method for me. I'll apply it, many thanks!

abandone15, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer hangs when trying to interract with Microsoft Office documents

1. File Explorer hangs when trying to interract with Microsoft Office documents - Similar Threads - File Explorer hangs

2. Hang explorer and office product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hang explorer and office product: HiAfter update my device i have a serious problem with my office and explorer in windows 10.After this update every office product such as excel , outlook ,.... keep crashing and explorer keep hanging and to solve this problem we should change the windows or i should unplug...
  3. Hang explorer and office product

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hang explorer and office product: HiAfter update my device i have a serious problem with my office and explorer in windows 10.After this update every office product such as excel , outlook ,.... keep crashing and explorer keep hanging and to solve this problem we should change the windows or i should unplug...
  4. Hang explorer and office product

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File Explorer hangs when I try to open Word/Excel/Powerpoint documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer hangs when I try to open Word/Excel/Powerpoint documents: This has been happening for the last 2 days and it's extremely annoying. When I locate the file I want in Explorer, and it's likely stored in my Dropbox folder, Explorer will hang and I have to "End task" from task manager. However, if I open Word/Excel/Powerpoint and...
  6. File manager stops repsonding when attempting any interraction with Windows Office files...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File manager stops repsonding when attempting any interraction with Windows Office files...: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 and I have encountered this weird issue. If I attempt to open an Excel or Word file which is in a folder and therefore accessed via file explorer the file explorer hangs, until I am forced to close it. The files open fine, I am able to open,...
  7. Windows Explorer hangs when accessing Office files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer hangs when accessing Office files: Hi, I have a strange issue with Windows Explorer. If I try to access an Office file only tried Word and Excel files then Explorer hangs and requires a restart via Task Manager. I have tried a number of other file types and they are OK. A reboot of the PC did not stop the...
  8. Windows 19 - File explorer hangs when preview on only for Office file types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 19 - File explorer hangs when preview on only for Office file types: New Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with Windows 10 - Explorer hangs when you click an office file (left or right mouse button) only when preview is on -and this is only on office files - pdf and others work fine - surely Microsoft can get info to resolve this - I see many people with...
  9. Windows explorer hangs when opening any Office files

Windows explorer hangs when opening any Office files: I am using a Surface Tablet 6 with windows 10. When I try to open a Word, Excel, Powerpoint by double clicking on the file, Windows Explorer just hangs with the spinning wheel. I can open the files if i do it from the application. The files have been tested from onedrive...
  10. Explorer hangs when trying to open share

Explorer hangs when trying to open share: I am trying to access a share on my desktop computer from my laptop. I can connect to the share and the share appears on the left hand side in Explorer, but Explorer hangs a lot when I try to get into the share or do other operations such as changing a folder name. Sometimes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this vpc hangs when tries to open