Windows 10: File Explorer has Changed During Last Update - How do I get the old one back?

Discus and support File Explorer has Changed During Last Update - How do I get the old one back? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Now my files are listed with headings like used today, used last week, etc. I circled the offending parts in read. I just want the plain old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrancesGarner1, Jun 25, 2019.

1. File Explorer has Changed During Last Update - How do I get the old one back?

Now my files are listed with headings like used today, used last week, etc. I circled the offending parts in read. I just want the plain old alphabetical listing back. I did try googling the answer, but nothing made sense. Here is a picture of what I mean - don't have a screen shot of the old way of listing. And please don't ask about the naked ladies! They are not what they are named at all. File Explorer has Changed During Last Update - How do I get the old one back? f7b2dadd-6438-41d1-8dfc-cd3f391c5f5d?upload=true.png

:)

FrancesGarner1, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jun 25, 2019
  3. John Ado Win User
    File Explorer resetting to Details after Anniversary Update

Hi,

Let's get this sorted out. We suggest you try these troubleshooting steps:

• Start the Windows in clean boot. To do this, follow the steps
      here
    • Once in clean boot environment, change the settings again to set it back to
      List
      . Normally, changing the view style in the bottom right of the window and exiting File Explorer should do the trick. The next time you open File Explorer, it should default to the last view style selected.
    • If the issue persist, let's run SFC scan to look for corrupted files. Here's
      how
    • Restart the computer normally.

Share with us the results.

Thanks.

John Ado, Jun 25, 2019
  4. File Explorer has Changed During Last Update - How do I get the old one back?

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer has Changed During Last Update - How do I get the old one back?

1. File Explorer has Changed During Last Update - How do I get the old one back? - Similar Threads - File Explorer has

2. How do I get my old files back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get my old files back: How do I get my old files back on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-old-files-back/e3504314-23f7-40bd-8865-759d2391c1f9
  3. How do I get my old files back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my old files back: How do I get my old files back on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-old-files-back/e3504314-23f7-40bd-8865-759d2391c1f9
  4. How do I get my old files back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file explorer has a huge title how do i get that back to a normal size?

file explorer has a huge title how do i get that back to a normal size?: i was trying to get file explorer to show my camera phots in a large icon and last taken the first to show but i had issues and so i got the lesferch app and was messing around with that and managed to get the title in file explorer huge. so i tried the lesferch app again to...
  6. file explorer has a huge title how do i get that back to a normal size?

file explorer has a huge title how do i get that back to a normal size?: i was trying to get file explorer to show my camera phots in a large icon and last taken the first to show but i had issues and so i got the lesferch app and was messing around with that and managed to get the title in file explorer huge. so i tried the lesferch app again to...
  7. How do I get File Explorer back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  8. How do I get File Explorer back?

How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  9. How do I get File Explorer back to how it was?

How do I get File Explorer back to how it was?: I recently had to download TreeSize to help check on what I thought was an issue but turned out to be nothing. However, when I installed it it messed up how my File Explorer looks. Even after uninstalling my File Explorer looks the same. How do I fix this?...
  10. How do I get the old file back?

How do I get the old file back?: At first I didn't think I'd have a reason to need the old version of Rick428. But yesterday when I found the file I wanted to save and called it Rick428, I was asked do I want to replace it. Yes, I did. When I saw Rick428 twice in my list of downloads I realized I could...