Windows 10: File Explorer has lost files

Discus and support File Explorer has lost files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had my documents and pictures on a second drive. I took it out. Now those folders under "This PC" in File Explorer tell me to insert a drive when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by antidisestablishmentarini, Nov 10, 2018.

1. File Explorer has lost files

I had my documents and pictures on a second drive. I took it out. Now those folders under "This PC" in File Explorer tell me to insert a drive when I click on them because it is looking for D:/Documents. (It is correct in Libraries and Quick Access.) It isn't a major problem but how do I change the settings so I can go to those folders which I click on them?

:)

antidisestablishmentarini, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Files lost, Internet explorer not reachable, error Ox800703f1

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue in finding the lost files. Let me assist you.

To narrow down the troubleshooting steps, kindly write back to us with the following information.

• Did you make any prior changes before this error occurred?
    • What is the error message you are getting when you try to open Internet Explorer?
    • Have you updated the Windows to the latest build?
    • Check whether the original account exists. (Use the below steps to check)
    • Press Windows key + R key, type netplwiz and press
      Enter key.
    • Check if the user account exits under Users for this computer.
    I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update the Windows to the latest build.

• On the search bar type Settings.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Check for Updates.
    • Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
    Method 2: To find lost files.

Follow the link below to find lost files and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/Find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-Windows-10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 10, 2018
  3. File Lost!!

I had that happen once where I lost a file that was too big to recover, and I couldn't find a utility that could do it, either . . .

I ended up having to take the HDD to CompUSA and have them retrieve the lost info *Eek! File Explorer has lost files :eek:

imperialreign, Nov 10, 2018
  4. File Explorer has lost files

lost FILE EXPLORER ICON

File Explorer icon LOST since last Win 10 update. Tried Start but can't find a field there, to search for File Explorer let alone the icon. Have tonight tried checking settings and other handy hints by Community, but still no File Explorer icon!! Finally
    tried Programs just in case, but not listed there. Urrggh! Can anyone help, please? NOTCRUISIN' RIGHT NOW.

Justcruisin1000, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer has lost files

1. File Explorer has lost files - Similar Threads - File Explorer has

2. New has no choices in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New has no choices in File Explorer: As you can see, the New option is empty. I should at least be able to make a new folder form here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-has-no-choices-in-file-explorer/ba742b27-7dcd-4046-943c-1eaad7b49a73
  3. The File Explorer has no menus or options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The File Explorer has no menus or options: There appear to be thousands and thousands of websites where people are desperately trying to obtain a workable FIle Explorer for the unfortunate victims of Microsoft's Windows 11. The inquiries span two or three...
  4. File Explorer Icon lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Icon lost: Hey guys! Today, I just switched on my pc, and I found out that the file explorer icon has been lost. I went to properties from the taskbar, and changed the icon I had an icon for backup, but when I applied it, still it remained the same- a paper with one corner folded....
  5. File Explorer Icon lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Icon lost: Hey guys! Today, I just switched on my pc, and I found out that the file explorer icon has been lost. I went to properties from the taskbar, and changed the icon I had an icon for backup, but when I applied it, still it remained the same- a paper with one corner folded....
  6. File Explorer Icon lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File explorer has some problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer has some problems: File explorer is having some problems:- cant open files, when i double click on a file, it wont respond/ just show loading cursor- takes so long to do anything- often freezes and dont respond causing it to restartthe only thing i can do is using cmd to browse and open files...
  8. Lost File. SafeHouse Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost File. SafeHouse Explorer: I have lost a file (SafeHouse explorer) that was on the desktop, I have checked the recycle bin, one drive and clipboard but no luck, I have used the search but no luck there. I have not deleted as far as I am aware. Any suggestions please. SafeHouse is an encryption program...
  9. Lost Drag and drop ability in File Explorer

Lost Drag and drop ability in File Explorer: Hello, I am trying to get some help from a legit source for this problem. A few weeks ago I noticed that I can no longer Drag & Drop files within File Explorer. I have tried going into Task Manager and then clicking "End Process Tree" and then restarting File Explorer....
  10. file explorer has stopped working

file explorer has stopped working: file explorer has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-has-stopped-working/32d4c912-9faf-48ab-8b00-048d510f4777"