Windows 10: file explorer has stopped working

Discus and support file explorer has stopped working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; file explorer has stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chrisgreen-181, Nov 26, 2019.

1. file explorer has stopped working

file explorer has stopped working

:)

chrisgreen-181, Nov 26, 2019

2. File Explorer stopped working,

this does not work and i can not open Command Prompt (Admin)

aurelio arellano, Nov 26, 2019
  3. File Explorer stopped working,

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the file explorer stops responding. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under process tab, locate Windows Explorer.
    • Right Click Windows Explorer and select End Task.
    • Now select on File tab and click Run Task.
    • Type explorer.exe and press ok.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    perform SFC scan and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

• Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 26, 2019
  4. file explorer has stopped working

Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

file explorer has stopped working

1. file explorer has stopped working - Similar Threads - file explorer has

2. exe file has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe file has stopped working: Hello. I am using windows 7 64 bit. I have a program called FinderOuter. When I run it, it gives an error: FinderOuter.exe has stopped working. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-has-stopped-working/ed42f5fd-e9c5-4f3d-b3b4-8d083d84f26b
  3. exe file has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe file has stopped working: Hello. I am using windows 7 64 bit. I have a program called FinderOuter. When I run it, it gives an error: FinderOuter.exe has stopped working. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-has-stopped-working/ed42f5fd-e9c5-4f3d-b3b4-8d083d84f26b
  4. Windows explorer has stopped working APPCRASH Explorer.EXE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer has stopped working APPCRASH Explorer.EXE: hello.Windows Explorer keeps crashing and is not able to open any files. This begins after updates are installed, I tried many ways but nothing works also I tried to contact support they can even able to solve my issue. not only Explorer but some other apps also keep getting...
  5. Windows explorer has stopped working APPCRASH Explorer.EXE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer has stopped working APPCRASH Explorer.EXE: hello.Windows Explorer keeps crashing and is not able to open any files. This begins after updates are installed, I tried many ways but nothing works also I tried to contact support they can even able to solve my issue. not only Explorer but some other apps also keep getting...
  6. Thumbnails in File Explorer stop working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails in File Explorer stop working: Hi, I have had a long standing issue that comes and goes without any reason. I would be grateful of any help or advise or if Microsoft can confirm they are fixing this issue. I use a lot of photos in my working life and seeing them as thumbnails is very important to me....
  7. File explorer has stopped displaying devices on the network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer has stopped displaying devices on the network.: Just recently I can no longer see my NAS drive or my own computer under Network in file explorer. Have tried various fixes to no avail. Can anyone please help....
  8. Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.

in Cortana
    Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.: Hello, Microsoft forums! This problem started a few weeks ago where my Search in my taskbar stopped working, where when you click on it nothing happens. I later discovered that the folder search in File Explorer has also stopped working in the same vein as the taskbar one....
  9. File Explorer stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer stopped working.: Hi, I upgraded to W10 on the 31st July and all well apart from intermittent stoppages in File Explorer. There have been 4 stoppages over this period and an identical one at boot up this morning. It is reported in Reliability Monitor although I have neither seen or...
  10. Windows file explorer has stopped responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file explorer has stopped responding: Hello all, I will be marking this as solved. The steps that I have taken is removing the file explorer Icon adding a shortcut to my documents. This will stop the library from checking for the external drive that is constantly causing this problem. -Hayden

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not loading desktop after update file explorer has stopped responding