Windows 10: File Explorer Has Strange Layout on New Notebook

Discus and support File Explorer Has Strange Layout on New Notebook in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was looking at someone's new Lenovo notebook, and the File Explorer had a completely different layout than I've seen on any other Windows 10 machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by owensdj, May 31, 2021.

1. owensdj Win User

File Explorer Has Strange Layout on New Notebook

I was looking at someone's new Lenovo notebook, and the File Explorer had a completely different layout than I've seen on any other Windows 10 machine. It didn't have the section on the left with This PC. Any ideas why or how to change it? Thanks.

:)

owensdj, May 31, 2021

2. Windows 10 File Explorer crashes strangely when resized

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This might be a temporary issue on your computer.

I suggest you to sign-in out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step : Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Step 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing File Explorer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 31, 2021
  3. avoid unintentionally deletion at File Explorer

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

You may follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Select view tab in the file ribbon.

3. In the layout section, select list.

4. Now check if the files in the folders change to list.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 31, 2021
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, May 31, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer Has Strange Layout on New Notebook - Similar Threads - File Explorer Has

2. New has no choices in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New has no choices in File Explorer: As you can see, the New option is empty. I should at least be able to make a new folder form here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-has-no-choices-in-file-explorer/ba742b27-7dcd-4046-943c-1eaad7b49a73
  3. New has no choices in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New has no choices in File Explorer: As you can see, the New option is empty. I should at least be able to make a new folder form here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-has-no-choices-in-file-explorer/ba742b27-7dcd-4046-943c-1eaad7b49a73
  4. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  5. Bars layout on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bars layout on file explorer: Hi,One day I notice that layout of function bars on file exlorer has change and I dnot know if it was automatic or I did something unintentinaly.I search alot but couldn't find way to swap them in position.I mean that "New, cut, copy" etc bar switch to be on top and...
  6. File Explorer Custom Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Custom Layout: Hey guys, I hope you're all well! Does anyone know if it would be possible to mod or create a script for file explorer to start a custom process when clicking and opening a drive. For example, when I open drive E:/, I would like three explorer windows to open. 1 in the top...
  7. New file explorer layout

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New file explorer layout: I don't know why but now my file explorer is weirdly laid out. I put it to default and now it's like this I didn't know windows had changed the default look but I liked the old one better. Also my drive folder which is the Acer C: folder has disappeared is there any reason...
  8. Strange keyboard layout issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange keyboard layout issue: Hey, I'm German, so of course I want to use the german QWERTZ keyset in Windows 10. Everythings works fine besides one key - this is the "ö" key. When I set the keyboard layout to DE-DE this key does nothing, if I change the layout to for example switzerland german or EN-EN...
  9. Layout Of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Layout Of File Explorer: I have just converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In W7 I had File Explorer laid out with two panes. On the left were frequently used files, on the right currently actives files and folders. This was really convenient. When I first started to use FE in Windows 10, this...
  10. Strange file explorer behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange file explorer behaviour: This is quite odd, but doesn't happen very often, only once or twice a week maybe. I'll have file explorer open, and be using something else, for example chrome, maximised. All of a sudden for no apparent reason the file explorer window appears in foreground! Any ideas what...