Windows 10: File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.

Discus and support File Explorer has the delete button greyed out. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the Windows update last week all sorts of strange things have started happening - but I accidentally named some files incorrectly so I went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CarolineBrown6, Oct 27, 2021.

1. File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.

After the Windows update last week all sorts of strange things have started happening - but I accidentally named some files incorrectly so I went into File Explorer, right clicked to choose 'rename' but that option wasn't available. So I opened the files and saved them with the correct names. I closed the 'app' and all of the documents, and then re-opened file explorer to delete the wrongly named files, but there is no delete on right click mouse drop down, and the Delete icon is greyed out.

:)

CarolineBrown6, Oct 27, 2021

2. Cannot delete the device as the delete button is greyed out.

Original Title: Windows 10 File Explorer

I File Explorer under 'Network' I have old device listed that is no longer used but there seems no way to delete it.

Click 'Network' icon is there but delete button is greyed out.

How do I get rid of this device please?

AlanEdgecock, Oct 27, 2021
  3. greyed out Print button in file explorer with .htm Extension windows 10

Hello,

There are options you can consider to troubleshoot this issue. When the
    Print button
    on the File Explorer window is greyed out, we suggest that you check if the
    Print Spooler service is running. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Services and click the
      Services app.
    • Scroll down and check if the Print Spooler service is running.
    • If not, right-click Print Spooler and click Properties.
    • On the Properties window, click Start.

After following the steps, check if the Print button
    is already available.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 27, 2021
  4. File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.

Windows 10 File Explorer - Missing Icons and Greyed Out Delete

For some reason File Explorer frequently stops showing the icon for the individual files and the Delete button is greyed out and not functional. I can still delete a file by selecting it and hitting the delete button on my keyboard, but all of the file operation
    functionality is gone from the File Explorer window. See the screenshot below showing the greyed out buttons and the missing icons for the PDF files. The only fix for this I've found so far is to reboot the machine, which is not reasonable.

File Explorer has the delete button greyed out. 0341b1b5-955f-4e9f-9504-2b3e8f771219?upload=true.png

G.C. Seibert, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.

1. File Explorer has the delete button greyed out. - Similar Threads - File Explorer has

2. Delete Button Greyed Out in User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Button Greyed Out in User Profile: Hi. I am logged in as Admin on a Windows 10 laptop and I tried deleting a User Profile going into Advanced System Settings. But the Delete Button was greyed out. Can anyone help me? I am NOT a computer pro but I am ok with following some basic instructions! Thanks...
  3. Delete Button Greyed Out in User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Button Greyed Out in User Profile: Hi. I am logged in as Admin on a Windows 10 laptop and I tried deleting a User Profile going into Advanced System Settings. But the Delete Button was greyed out. Can anyone help me? I am NOT a computer pro but I am ok with following some basic instructions! Thanks...
  4. Delete Button Greyed Out in User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Folder/File sort button greyed out in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder/File sort button greyed out in explorer: Edition Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion 22H2Installed on ‎24-‎09-‎2022OS build 22621.521Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0Ever since I updated to 22H2, the folder/file sort option is greyed out. It is greyed out only for "Home Earlier quick...
  6. Folder/File sort button greyed out in explorer

Folder/File sort button greyed out in explorer: Edition Windows 11 Home Single LanguageVersion 22H2Installed on ‎24-‎09-‎2022OS build 22621.521Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0Ever since I updated to 22H2, the folder/file sort option is greyed out. It is greyed out only for "Home Earlier quick...
  7. greyed out button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  8. File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.

File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.: After the Windows update last week all sorts of strange things have started happening - but I accidentally named some files incorrectly so I went into File Explorer, right clicked to choose 'rename' but that option wasn't available. So I opened the files and saved them with...
  9. File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer has the delete button greyed out.: After the Windows update last week all sorts of strange things have started happening - but I accidentally named some files incorrectly so I went into File Explorer, right clicked to choose 'rename' but that option wasn't available. So I opened the files and saved them with...
  10. Button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Button greyed out: so i reset my computer today factory reset as i felt my computer was having problems i also recently posted about this issue and i though the reset solved it... i was able to download a free program until i logged into my account... then the grey button of death...