Windows 10: File Explorer has warning triangle with exclamation mark

Discus and support File Explorer has warning triangle with exclamation mark in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, a SSD and HDD. From day 1 in File Explorer the HDD has a little yellow warning triangle and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnthonyFitzgerald1, Apr 19, 2020.

1. File Explorer has warning triangle with exclamation mark

I have a new laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, a SSD and HDD.

From day 1 in File Explorer the HDD has a little yellow warning triangle and exclamation mark. I can't see anything wrong, I'm able to read from and write to the HDD but it's worrying.

How do I fix it? I read something about "Bitlocker" but I don't really understand what that is or whether it's the cause of the warning.

Any advice gladly received!

Thanks

:)

AnthonyFitzgerald1, Apr 19, 2020

2. exclamation mark in a triangle

Since january I have a Nokia Asha 309. Today an send a SMS in reply of a conversation, and for the first time there comes a exclamation mark in a triangle, after the message I've send. What does that mean ?

Barzoi---01, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Yellow Triangle with Exclamation marks in Windows Movie Maker

Hi Linka,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your feeling, will certainly assist you to fix the issues.

Please try the following steps and check if that helps.

Method1: Please follow these steps.

1. Open your Windows Movie Maker project file.

2. Notice that there are yellow triangles with black exclamation marks in your project where there should be video clips.

3. Double click on a yellow triangle. Windows will prompt you to "browse" for the file location.

4. Navigate to the new location of the video files and click on the correct video clip for this instance.

5. The video clip should appear in the timeline (or storyboard, depending on the view showing). On many occasions, all the video clips will also magically appear because the new location also contains the remainder of the video clips you used in the project
    as well.

6. Continue editing your movie.

Method 2: if issue persist ask op to repair the WLMM and check.

• Hold Windows key + X.
    • Select control panel.
    • Select program and feature under control panel.
    • Right click on WLMM and chose to repair from the dropdown.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Apr 19, 2020
  4. {WM} Win User

File Explorer has warning triangle with exclamation mark

Windows Defender Security Centre warning icon (yellow triangle with exclamation mark)

File Explorer has warning triangle with exclamation mark 479d0e70-d9b3-4d0f-9906-cdf7c9302fae?upload=true.jpg

Hi, can you please tell me how to suppress the
    yellow triangle with an exclamation mark that appears in the bottom right-hand corner of the Windows Defender Security Centre system tray icon (but I only want it suppressed for the
    Family Options recommendations).

I use Trend Micro for my Virus & Threat Protection, and everything else has a nice green tick mark on it (and it says "no action needed") except for Family Options which doesn't have a nice green tick and it says "Manage how your family uses their devices".
    Consequently I end up with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark in the system tray icon for Windows Defender Security Centre which bothers me a lot because I've done all I can to satisfy it so I really believe I should have nice green ticks on everything,
    or at least the Windows Defender Security Centre system tray icon should be without the warning triangle and exclamation mark.

File Explorer has warning triangle with exclamation mark 8fee4720-c7a1-4a65-a53a-5d01548ab159?upload=true.jpg

I've had a look at tweaking the notification settings, but I can't find anything specific to the Family Options part I'd like taken care of.

Can you help with any additional checks or advice?

Thema:

File Explorer has warning triangle with exclamation mark

1. File Explorer has warning triangle with exclamation mark - Similar Threads - File Explorer has

2. In Device Manager it shows a little triangle with an exclamation mark in next to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Device Manager it shows a little triangle with an exclamation mark in next to the...: In Device Manager it shows a little triangle with an exclamation mark in next to the device. When I try to update the driver it says: the best driver software for your device is already installed but the its showing yellow triangle plz help...
  3. In Device Manager it shows a little triangle with an exclamation mark in next to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Device Manager it shows a little triangle with an exclamation mark in next to the...: In Device Manager it shows a little triangle with an exclamation mark in next to the device. When I try to update the driver it says: the best driver software for your device is already installed but the its showing yellow triangle plz help...
  4. In Device Manager it shows a little triangle with an exclamation mark in next to the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Gmail warning triangle/exclamation mark.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail warning triangle/exclamation mark.: How to remove triangle and exclamation mark in Gmail. Account settings updated but has not fixed the problem. Unable to receive or send emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-warning-triangleexclamation-mark/97b54ee3-fd42-4185-b742-4f949e8d351f
  6. itunes: The files seem to be there (no warning exclamation marks) but there is no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    itunes: The files seem to be there (no warning exclamation marks) but there is no sound: I have recently transferred all my music from an older laptop to my new one. The files seem to be there (no warning exclamation marks) but there is no sound. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes/99961f77-a21f-4d14-904b-87e69e60b78e
  7. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon: I have a problem where everytime I close my lid and open again the yellow triangle appears, however as soon as I turn my Wifi off and on again everything is fine. While this is only a mild problem it is generally quite annoying to have to open my lid and not be already...
  8. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Battery symbol on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Battery symbol on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It’s not that uncommon when you see a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark over the battery symbol residing in the System Tray of Windows 10. However, noticing it immediately after a purchase can leave you worried. That said, it [...] This post Yellow...
  9. Battery has triangle with exclamation mark and won't charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery has triangle with exclamation mark and won't charge: I have a MCR 1015 Idea Play 10.1 tablet and when I try to charge it nothing happens. I did the hard start pressing the on/off button and volume button at same time only to see a battery symbol with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark. What can I do?...
  10. Windows Defender Security Centre warning icon (yellow triangle with exclamation mark)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Security Centre warning icon (yellow triangle with exclamation mark): [ATTACH] Hi, can you please tell me how to suppress the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark that appears in the bottom right-hand corner of the Windows Defender Security Centre system tray icon (but I only want it suppressed for the Family Options recommendations)....