Windows 10: File Explorer Help Please

Discus and support File Explorer Help Please in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used to open my File Explorer and it presented a menu as to which drive I wanted to go to, like C drive, D drive or R drive or other drives I have on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by artic, Sep 27, 2019.

1. artic Win User

File Explorer Help Please

I used to open my File Explorer and it presented a menu as to which drive I wanted to go to, like C drive, D drive or R drive or other drives I have on here. Do you know of a way how I can get it back that way by clicking on File Explorer? Many thanks for all your help.God Bless

:)

artic, Sep 27, 2019

2. File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 27, 2019
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. File Explorer Help Please - Similar Threads - File Explorer Help

2. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  3. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  4. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer huge annoying problem PLEASE HELP

File Explorer huge annoying problem PLEASE HELP: This started not too long ago, but this is a really annoying problem. When I open up file explorer, everything looks good. But when a click on, or right click it, it freezes the entire damn program. Then, my cursor has a busy hourglass icon! The only way to close it up is to...
  6. Please help! File Explorer Inoperable!

Please help! File Explorer Inoperable!: Hello, I purchased a refurbished Surface Pro this summer. It was working great for the most part, except it seemed to randomly freeze. I didn't think much of it, since it would usually get going again after. Now I essentially can't use file explorer at all without the...
  7. File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Isn’t Loading Please Help!!: Opening File Explorer shows a green progress bar that will never finish. It won’t even let me access my other files which I need for my college course and assignments. How the heck do I fix this besides rebooting every time it does this? submitted by /u/brown_brix [link]...
  8. File Explorer not openning. Please help me

File Explorer not openning. Please help me: Hi, My file explorer all of a sudden won't open in Windows 10. Could someone please help me? I tried to create a new short cut. I have ended the task in windows explorer Nothing seems to work. I can see in the preview screen at the bottom of my taskbar, but I can't...
  9. Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!

Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!: Whenever I open File Explorer and try to right click a folder or file it just shows the blue loading circle and then freezes! I'm running windows 10, I've tried searching everywhere. This is not the same as the desktop right click freeze. Please somebody help, this is what it...
  10. Please help - file explorer will not open - solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help - file explorer will not open - solved: Hi there, so I recently got a MSI GL62 7QF with the standard 128GB SSD, then today I installed a second SSD to the spare drive bay in the laptop. The SSD is a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO which was brand new, never did anything with it, just took it out of the box and put it into...