Windows 10: File Explorer Help?

Discus and support File Explorer Help? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't find any setting or info on the internet as to why one of my drives is not showing on the left hand side of the File Explorer window....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JustinHD, Feb 12, 2016.

1. JustinHD Win User

File Explorer Help?

I can't find any setting or info on the internet as to why one of my drives is not showing on the left hand side of the File Explorer window....
    Things to note: the drive in question is a software raid, syncing is done
    Anyone have any ideas?

:)

JustinHD, Feb 12, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Hello MSFT Support,

Where have you gone?...this is a major issue for many loyal customers but as you can tell frustration is setting in with many in the lack of direction from Microsoft. I feel like we are trying various home remedies when the problem is with Microsoft File
    Explorer which we rely on being stable and available.

Having us go to SafeMode is not a solution, also you could create more problems for customers in that BitLocker may come into play, which doesn't appear to be easy way to suspend this in non-Enterprise versions of Win10 before rebooting into SafeMode.

Please give us some direction or when the fix will be implemented?

It would be a real shame if you lose loyal customers to Apple or Google but lack of leadership here may steer many in that direction.

Best Regards!

File Explorer Crash Headaches, Feb 12, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

File Explorer Help?

(FYI) I know nothing about raid so I might be way off. Can you go into Disk Management(right click on the little window on the lower left) and assign it a drive letter?

Winuser, Feb 12, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    What RAID type is configured?

6. JustinHD Win User
    I believe it's RAID 1 (mirror).
    I will hold off on the drive letter change as I don't want to risk messing up the Raid, although I'm pretty sure myself that changing the drive letter will not affect it in any way.
    FYI - this is a fresh install of Windows 10, the raid was initially configured in Windows 7, then reinstalled 7, then updated to 10, then reinstalled 10 - so I basically didn't mess around with it at any point.

JustinHD, Feb 12, 2016
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    I believe that you address the array with Raid1 rather than the individual drives.

8. JustinHD Win User

File Explorer Help?

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand your suggestion....
    Are you saying that changing the drive letter might actually work?

JustinHD, Feb 12, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    This may be not directly relevant, but still useful.
    Could you fill in your specs your hard drives (with size)?

10. JustinHD Win User
    Done.
    EDIT: Changing the drive letter did not fix the issue.

JustinHD, Feb 12, 2016
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    I did not suggest to change the drive letter. My thought was that the 2 disks have only 1 address if they are in a Raid1 array.

12. JustinHD Win User
    They do...
    I can't think of any reason why it doesn't show up on the left side....it did in the previous Win10 installation.

JustinHD, Feb 12, 2016
  13. JustinHD Win User

File Explorer Help?

Great....nobody knows anything else?

JustinHD, Feb 13, 2016
  14. KeithM Win User
    When all is working correctly, all drives will appear under This PC, but only Removable Drives will appear in the root of the Navigation Pane.

Keith

KeithM, Feb 14, 2016
  15. JustinHD Win User
    Drive D: is Non-Removable and before I reinstalled Windows 10, all of my drives appeared in the root on the navigation panel as well as under "This PC"
    EDIT: A quick search with the correct key words (I was not using "navigation panel") revealed this thread on these forums: Drives in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    However, my problem does not seem to fit that....

JustinHD, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

File Explorer Help?

1. File Explorer Help? - Similar Threads - File Explorer Help

2. File Explorer Help!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Help!!!: Just when I thought I had this all figured out, we had a power surge and I had to restart my Windows 11 PC. Now File Explorer seems all cluttered again. There are just so many folders with the same name!! Can someone please assist me to get File Explorer back to the 'out of...
  3. File Explorer Help!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Help!!!: Just when I thought I had this all figured out, we had a power surge and I had to restart my Windows 11 PC. Now File Explorer seems all cluttered again. There are just so many folders with the same name!! Can someone please assist me to get File Explorer back to the 'out of...
  4. help with file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help with file explorer: file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-file-explorer/b588f261-a6eb-448c-9407-98ea723afcff
  5. help with file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help with file explorer: file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-file-explorer/b588f261-a6eb-448c-9407-98ea723afcff
  6. help with file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File explorer help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer help: [ATTACH] HI i was wondering why my file explorer looks like this and not the default, Thanks https://preview.redd.it/x0w9tfrsil261.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=909768854ceff1c6d962020a7bca9e121e775743 submitted by /u/cborges662 [link] [comments]...
  8. file exploreer help

file exploreer help: every time i try and open the file explorer app, it takes at least five minutes to open. It also slows the whole computer down. the same thing happens with the windows start menu and my whole computer slows down. help? submitted by /u/ArinTheMaster10 [link] [comments]...
  9. File Explorer Help..

File Explorer Help..: So, I was freeing up space on my SSD (C) And I deleted my app data without knowing what it did. I saw how many gigs it freed up so I decided to delete it from the recycle bin.. But I made a huge mistake. Luckily I was able to retrive the data back so everything is all good...
  10. File explorer help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer help.: File explorer opens two windows when waking from sleep . How can this be fixed ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-help/204ff163-0807-4f5c-a8a2-3de15d77c278"