Windows 10: File Explorer Help?

Discus and support File Explorer Help? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know why the drive appeared there before, but I do know that any drives that display in the NavPane are the result of this key:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JustinHD, Feb 12, 2016.

1. KeithM Win User

File Explorer Help?

I don't know why the drive appeared there before, but I do know that any drives that display in the NavPane are the result of this key:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}

If you paste shell:::{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} into the Address Bar or a Run dialog, you'll see the collection that Windows considers Removeable Drives.

Keith

KeithM, Feb 14, 2016
  2. JustinHD Win User

Indeed it does appear there as....now I'm wondering why....
    Maybe its because of some drivers....
    On another note i'm starting having issues with "lagging" sound and image. But I've had this issue before on Windows 7 and I know it's related to the nVidia drivers which are a mess nowadays...

JustinHD, Feb 14, 2016
  3. JustinHD Win User
    Doesn't this mean that all of my drives are removable?
    They don't show when I paste the HKEY in the address bar though....only the D: drive shows.

JustinHD, Feb 14, 2016
  4. KeithM Win User

File Explorer Help?

I think if you eject all those drives you'll have a true Cloud OS *really

Keith

KeithM, Feb 15, 2016
  5. JustinHD Win User
    Thanks Keith but I'm not big a fan of jokes when I'm trying to solve a problem.

JustinHD, Feb 15, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    I don't know why many are experiencing different issues with this, but,
    if I perform a clean install, all drives end up being treated as removable;
    if I perform an upgrade installation, only external drives are treated as removable.
    Beats me! *Confused

Edwin, Feb 15, 2016
  7. snoopy51 Win User
    JustinHD:

Just try to understand your problem!
    1. Since the Drive Letter E is available in the right pane, were you able to access your data?
    I assumed you can create and access data without any problem.
    2. Noticed you created Software RAID several times, how did you do this under Windows 10?

snoopy51, Feb 15, 2016
  8. JustinHD Win User

File Explorer Help?

1. I can access my data just fine, I was just puzzled as to why it was not showing on the left panel as it did when I upgraded from Windows 8 or 7, I don't remember.
    2. The raid was created under Windows 7 and I reinstalled Windows quite a few times since then but I assume you can create a software raid in the same way using Windows 10 (I might be wrong).

JustinHD, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Help?

1. File Explorer Help? - Similar Threads - File Explorer Help

2. File Explorer Help!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Help!!!: Just when I thought I had this all figured out, we had a power surge and I had to restart my Windows 11 PC. Now File Explorer seems all cluttered again. There are just so many folders with the same name!! Can someone please assist me to get File Explorer back to the 'out of...
  3. File Explorer Help!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Help!!!: Just when I thought I had this all figured out, we had a power surge and I had to restart my Windows 11 PC. Now File Explorer seems all cluttered again. There are just so many folders with the same name!! Can someone please assist me to get File Explorer back to the 'out of...
  4. help with file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help with file explorer: file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-file-explorer/b588f261-a6eb-448c-9407-98ea723afcff
  5. help with file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help with file explorer: file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-file-explorer/b588f261-a6eb-448c-9407-98ea723afcff
  6. help with file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File explorer help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer help: [ATTACH] HI i was wondering why my file explorer looks like this and not the default, Thanks https://preview.redd.it/x0w9tfrsil261.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=909768854ceff1c6d962020a7bca9e121e775743 submitted by /u/cborges662 [link] [comments]...
  8. file exploreer help

file exploreer help: every time i try and open the file explorer app, it takes at least five minutes to open. It also slows the whole computer down. the same thing happens with the windows start menu and my whole computer slows down. help? submitted by /u/ArinTheMaster10 [link] [comments]...
  9. File Explorer Help..

File Explorer Help..: So, I was freeing up space on my SSD (C) And I deleted my app data without knowing what it did. I saw how many gigs it freed up so I decided to delete it from the recycle bin.. But I made a huge mistake. Luckily I was able to retrive the data back so everything is all good...
  10. File explorer help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer help.: File explorer opens two windows when waking from sleep . How can this be fixed ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-help/204ff163-0807-4f5c-a8a2-3de15d77c278"