Windows 10: File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner

Discus and support File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; File Explorer has two icons that are used for changing the view (file display), located in the lower-right corner. One icon changes the view to Details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mangorunner, Oct 30, 2018.

1. File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner

File Explorer has two icons that are used for changing the view (file display), located in the lower-right corner. One icon changes the view to Details and the other changes the view to Large Icons.

However, they constantly interfere with my ability to scroll down to the bottom of the page/list. If I do not release the scroll bar just before reaching the bottom, the scroll/mouse location jumps back up and I have to repeat the scroll-down. Is there anyway to remove those icons? I don't use them and I find them very annoying. It happens all the time.

File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Carol

:)

mangorunner, Oct 30, 2018
  2. martian Win User

View Layout Icons

In the lower right corner of the File Explorer
    there are two icons that have something to do
    with View Layout: 'Detail' and 'Large Icons'.

I would like to:
    1. Add the 'List' view because this is the type I
    often use, or:
    2. Replace the 'Large Icon' with 'List'.

How do I do it?

martian, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    View Layout Icons

To do what you wish, you would have to modify a couple system files, (but I can't remember which ones!) *Redface, risky endeavor though!

Your alternatives:

- right click inside the folder, hover on View, choose List

- with mouse focus inside the folder press Ctrl+Shift+5

- try "Old/New Explorer" with a menu of all 8 options in the upper right command bar.

Edwin, Oct 30, 2018
  4. VHSwede Win User

File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner

Icons flashing in lower right hand corner

My icons are flashing in the lower right hand corner when I start windows

VHSwede, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner

1. File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner - Similar Threads - File Explorer Remove

2. How to move start menu icon to lower right corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move start menu icon to lower right corner: Start menu is at lower right corner of desktop in some language versions because of reading order, and i am using mouse with my left hand so it will be somehow more convinient when start menu at that positionalso for closing/maximum/minimum bottons of the window if they are...
  3. How to move start menu icon to lower right corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move start menu icon to lower right corner: Start menu is at lower right corner of desktop in some language versions because of reading order, and i am using mouse with my left hand so it will be somehow more convinient when start menu at that positionalso for closing/maximum/minimum bottons of the window if they are...
  4. REMOVE UNCLICKABLE ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE UNCLICKABLE ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN: Hello. I'm sorry for my English. I'm just here to ask some help about my laptop. It's about on the lower right corner of the screen of my laptop that keeps showing a transparent "Activate Windows" and can't be clicked. It keeps showing over other windows as well I will attach...
  5. REMOVE UNCLICKABLE ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVE UNCLICKABLE ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN: Hello. I'm sorry for my English. I'm just here to ask some help about my laptop. It's about on the lower right corner of the screen of my laptop that keeps showing a transparent "Activate Windows" and can't be clicked. It keeps showing over other windows as well I will attach...
  6. REMOVE UNCLICKABLE ON LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Stop/remove small window in lower right corner.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop/remove small window in lower right corner.: I get this small window every time I click on a program. How do I get rid of it and stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopremove-small-window-in-lower-right-corner/aa08291a-31cf-4bdd-9bfa-209a0b8b2bdd
  8. Unknown circular icon appeared in lower right corner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown circular icon appeared in lower right corner: This icon appeared recently and remains constantly on screen. It appears to have two arrows. I don't know what it indicates nor how to get rid of it, or even if I should. I have a photo of the screen and I'll post it in a comment. It barely appears in screenshots. submitted...
  9. edge opens in lower right corner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    edge opens in lower right corner: I am having trouble with Edge opening in the lower right hand corner of my desktop screen part of the time but not every time. I don't know why it's doing it or how to stop it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks....
  10. strange new circle icon lower right corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    strange new circle icon lower right corner: Hi, Since the last update, I have a strange icon that is hovering above but not a part of the taskbar. it is sitting above the notification tool, but is unclickable. it looks like 2 half arrows chasing each other. At first I thought it was an NVIDIA thing as it has their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. annoying icon lower right corner