Windows 10: File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner

Discus and support File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; File Explorer has two icons that are used for changing the view (file display), located in the lower-right corner. One icon changes the view to Details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mangorunner, Oct 30, 2018.

1. mangorunner Win User

File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner

File Explorer has two icons that are used for changing the view (file display), located in the lower-right corner. One icon changes the view to Details and the other changes the view to Large Icons.

However, they constantly interfere with my ability to scroll down to the bottom of the page/list. If I do not release the scroll bar just before reaching the bottom, the scroll/mouse location jumps back up and I have to repeat the scroll-down. Is there anyway to remove those icons? I don't use them and I find them very annoying. It happens all the time.

File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Carol

:)

mangorunner, Oct 30, 2018
  2. martian Win User

View Layout Icons

In the lower right corner of the File Explorer
    there are two icons that have something to do
    with View Layout: 'Detail' and 'Large Icons'.

I would like to:
    1. Add the 'List' view because this is the type I
    often use, or:
    2. Replace the 'Large Icon' with 'List'.

How do I do it?

martian, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    View Layout Icons

To do what you wish, you would have to modify a couple system files, (but I can't remember which ones!) *Redface, risky endeavor though!

Your alternatives:

- right click inside the folder, hover on View, choose List

- with mouse focus inside the folder press Ctrl+Shift+5

- try "Old/New Explorer" with a menu of all 8 options in the upper right command bar.

Edwin, Oct 30, 2018
  4. VHSwede Win User

Icons flashing in lower right hand corner

My icons are flashing in the lower right hand corner when I start windows

VHSwede, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer-How to Remove View Icons in Lower-Right Corner - Similar Threads - File Explorer Remove

2. Cursor Automatically moves to the utmost lower right corner of screen under the square...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Automatically moves to the utmost lower right corner of screen under the square...: Help! I am on windows 10 and have been for over one year. I have applied all known updates. My cursor moves by itself to the utmost lower right corner of my Acer laptop. when that happens my screen changes to the desktop showing all the App icons. it brings up the...
  3. Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extra Folder Icons in File Explorer "Open" view: For some reason Windows insisted on forcing folder like Pictures, Videos, and Music on us. I did not want these and so I went into the registry and hid the folders, which worked great for the normal File Explorer. The method for editing the registry is here...
  4. Removing the hovering taskbar in the bottome right corner

Removing the hovering taskbar in the bottome right corner: I recently upgraded to window 10 and something really annoys me. In the bottom right corner of my screen, there is a arrow that when clicked, pulls out a taskbar that gives my 4 buttons to press that change my power settings. Auto, Performance, Powersaving and Away mode....
  5. Viewing file explorer

Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  6. Annoying Messages on the Desktop in the lower right corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying Messages on the Desktop in the lower right corner: I am somewhat new to Windows 10. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version right now. Whenever I log on the following event happens: I am getting in my initial desktop screen a lot of messages about the state of my system etc - see attachment. While they are...
  7. Taskbar Icons lower right Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons lower right Windows 10: Task Bar lower right hand corner, volume etc. My daughter was using my computer and accidently changed somethings. Before there was a icon to click on task bar lower right hand corner and a small window would open to show, battery, USB removal, that is now gone and there are...
  8. Cursor automatically(mysteriously) moving to the lower right corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor automatically(mysteriously) moving to the lower right corner: I have a new dell computer with windows 10 installed on it and while I'm doing something, whether it be on the internet, candy crush etc., my cursor would move to the right lower corner which then would close me out of whatever I was doing. It just does its own thing and I...
  9. How do I view *.wmf files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I view *.wmf files in File Explorer?: I have a folder dedicated to clipart and the majority of the files are *.wmf. When using File Explorer, none of them show a thumbnail, just an icon of what looks like a pencil cup full of pencils/pens. I can open them to see what they are, but trying to find something that...
  10. Start button lower left corner of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button lower left corner of screen: The Start button in lower-left corner of screen/desktop is not responding to left click. Is there something an amateur can do? . 41609