Windows 10: File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless

Discus and support File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks Whats the magic setting to reset file explorer to its 100% default state (as it look as after you've done a clean windows install) -- I.e... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Sep 14, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless

Hi folks
    Whats the magic setting to reset file explorer to its 100% default state (as it look as after you've done a clean windows install) -- I.e before any "tampering".

If I do any google searches there's 77 zillion (or more) answers telling me how to customise settings for indivudual folders etc --I want to scream -- I already know how to do that --just want to RESET everything !!!!!!!".

All I want to do is to have the bog standard setting with all the folders in the panel on the left hand side -- i.e bog standard reset -- I've hosed mine up horribly and I can't see any way of setting it back to standard -- I must have tried every possible option. I'm only getting 1 panel -- I want the normal folder list on the left.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 14, 2019

2. Google as default search

On my new Samsung Notebook 9 I want to make Google the default search engine in Internet Explorer. I open Explorer, click on tools, click on manage add-ons and then click on search providers. That shows me a list which includes Bing (twice) and Google.
    In the far right column under "search suggestions" Bing is listed as "enabled" and Google is listed as "not available." How do I make Google available?

JosephHHarrisonJr, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 14, 2019
  4. File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless

How to use Google to do searching with Bing as default & Google search added in the setup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed that you cannot set two search engines as default at the same time. If you're looking for how to set Google as your default search engine then follow the steps below:

• Click the gear icon in the top right corner of the browser window.
    • Select Manage add-ons.
    • Select Search Providers.
    • In the bottom left corner of your screen, click Find more search providers.
    • Select Google.
    • Click the Add to Internet Explorer button.
    Note: These steps are for Internet Explorer.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless

1. File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless - Similar Threads - File explorer reset

2. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about file explorer: What does this folder mean?What is the impact of this folder?If I delete all this files, any problem occurred???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/queries-about-file-explorer/ecdeb25d-91b8-4652-a936-0749ab6e9c95
  3. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Queries about file explorer: What does this folder mean?What is the impact of this folder?If I delete all this files, any problem occurred???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/queries-about-file-explorer/ecdeb25d-91b8-4652-a936-0749ab6e9c95
  4. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  5. Queries about file explorer

Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  6. how to reset file explorer to default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset file explorer to default?: As the picture, the quick access looks different from the default one.I tried reset it to default here but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-file-explorer-to-default/6a24d60a-d50a-4597-a1f9-5ba977ba133b
  7. how to reset file explorer to default?

how to reset file explorer to default?: As the picture, the quick access looks different from the default one.I tried reset it to default here but nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-file-explorer-to-default/6a24d60a-d50a-4597-a1f9-5ba977ba133b
  8. reset file explorer to original default?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reset file explorer to original default?: My File Explorer is so screwed up I want to start it all anew. I save very few items but cannot find most of what I've saved using the new Edge. I now want ALL 'save as' and 'downloads' to go into Quick Access only, or in necessary in This Pc. I have no need for them to be...
  9. File explorer query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer query: I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that there is already a folder with that name. I have done multiple searches on my desktop through file explorer with all the hidden...
  10. File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer pinned items reset to defaults: I have a user who after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 cannot pin anything to his file explorer jump lists. I have tried all the fixes I could find and most didn't work. Some worked for a little while but eventually the file explorer resets to defaults and anything...