Windows 10: File explorer: How to show audio details in preview pane?

Discus and support File explorer: How to show audio details in preview pane? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to see more audio details in win10 file explorer preview pane, especially the channels and bitrate for movies in the *.mkv format. (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WTenNewbie, Jun 17, 2017.

1. File explorer: How to show audio details in preview pane?

I would like to see more audio details in win10 file explorer preview pane, especially the channels and bitrate for movies in the *.mkv format. (I would like to see if they include DTS 5.1, languages, subtittles etc.)

Before the latest creators update, this information was shown in the preview pane (along other video-details). Now I can't get it back. Icaros doesn't seem to help in this case.

What can I do?

:)

WTenNewbie, Jun 17, 2017

2. Windows 10 File Explorer. Preview and file Details at the same time

In Windows 10 using File Explorer, I would like to see both the file preview and the file details. The Detail view only shows a very small picture. In the Old Windows Explorer (Windows 7) you could put the details in the status bar. The status bar on
    File Explorer is static and does not allow any changes. How can I change my view so I can see both a large preview and the file details?

caesaraugustus, Jun 17, 2017
  3. ben1049 Win User
    Multimedia preview problem in Windows 10 File Explorer

After the last update (Nov 17 2015) file explorer stopped previewing multimedia files, and only displays the embedded image, and the default application icon in the preview pane. (without allowing me to preview)

In the past I was able to add a value in the registry to fix, but the article that instructed that has vanished from the web.

Can anyone please guide me to how I can preview Audio and video files again from the file explorer preview pane?

Thank you !

ben1049, Jun 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

File explorer: How to show audio details in preview pane?

Try MediaTab (free)

File explorer: How to show audio details in preview pane? [​IMG]

etc

dalchina, Jun 17, 2017
  5. Thank you for that hint, dalchina
    But this doesn't show the mentioned channel-information in the preview pane, right?
    I have to right-click on every single file where I want to see this details?

WTenNewbie, Jun 17, 2017
  6. Hmm strange thing:
    Using this OLDER version of Icaros, I can now see the details again!

WTenNewbie, Jun 17, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    You might like to report that to Icaros...

Good outside the box thinking.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

File explorer: How to show audio details in preview pane?

1. File explorer: How to show audio details in preview pane? - Similar Threads - File explorer show

2. Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing: I don't have option to show Details and Preview Panes in Windows Explorer - View - Show menu. How can I fix that?Edition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2I've already tried:Options - Folder Options - Restore DefaultsAlt + PShow preview handlers in preview pane is checkedSFC...
  3. Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Preview and Details panes are missing: I don't have option to show Details and Preview Panes in Windows Explorer - View - Show menu. How can I fix that?Edition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 23H2I've already tried:Options - Folder Options - Restore DefaultsAlt + PShow preview handlers in preview pane is checkedSFC...
  4. How to show Details pane in File Explorer of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show Details pane in File Explorer of Windows 10: The Details pane in File Explorer of Windows 10 helps to view details related to a selected folder or file. You can check details like date modified, date taken, dimensions, frame width n height, frame rate, etc., for a video file, image file, EXE file, folder, etc. Depending...
  5. Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not showing jpg files: Win 10 version 20H2 build 19042.804 In File explorer, when selecting a jpg file it is not previewed in the Preview Pane. I have the app 'Photos' selected as the default app, as recommended for Win10. How do I fix this? Thanks O...
  6. OneDrive and Explorer's Preview/Details pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and Explorer's Preview/Details pane: Dear Microsoft and users, I noticed that, when you enable the Preview or Details pane while using OneDrive, Windows Explorer will "stop responding". There's probably a problem with fetching certain information form OneDrive files even when they are set to "always available...
  7. How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to show folder size in details pane in file explorer ?: I can only see date modified. submitted by /u/limberwisk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev2afk/how_to_show_folder_size_in_details_pane_in_file/
  8. How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane...: Hello, Somehow I inadvertently changed the File Explorer Settings in Windows 10. How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane in Windows 10? Thanks, dayhiker4k...
  9. adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    adjust file preview size on file explorer details pane: Hello, I was wondering about the possibility to increase the images thumbnail size on the details pane in file explorer, and to make the panel maller than allowed by default. Is it possible? Thank you for your help [img] 56199
  10. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...