Windows 10: File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

Discus and support File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since some weeks, the File explorer icon in the Windows task bar changes depending on which folder is active. So when the file explorer shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GracedHail39094, Sep 7, 2021.

1. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

Since some weeks, the File explorer icon in the Windows task bar changes depending on which folder is active. So when the file explorer shows the Desktop folder, I get a different icon in the task bar than when I'm in the Documents folder, which is different from when I'm in any other folder, and so on.Honestly, I think this is one of the worst UI ideas that was implemented in Windows in the past years. An icon must be iconic. I must recognize it immediately, and if I'm in some other program, I don't want to think about how the Explorer icon may look right now to access the File Explorer.Is th

:)

GracedHail39094, Sep 7, 2021
  2. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Sep 7, 2021
  4. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

1. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder - Similar Threads - File Explorer icon

2. File Explorer Icon changes depending on the folder that's open - can I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Icon changes depending on the folder that's open - can I make it stop?: If the Documents folder is open in File Explorer, the icon in the taskbar becomes a document. Ditto for pictures. This is really annoying because when I go to click on File Explorer, it sometimes requires a double take to find it. I work from home and do a lot of file...
  3. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder: GracedHail39094 asked on on September 7, 2021 "Since some weeks, the File explorer icon in the Windows task bar changes depending on which folder is active. So when the file explorer shows the Desktop folder, I get a different icon in the task bar than when I'm in the...
  4. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder: GracedHail39094 asked on on September 7, 2021 "Since some weeks, the File explorer icon in the Windows task bar changes depending on which folder is active. So when the file explorer shows the Desktop folder, I get a different icon in the task bar than when I'm in the...
  5. File Explorer icon changes depending on active folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Changing drive icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing drive icons in File Explorer: I have two HP laptops. On one, I have successfully changed the drive icons for both my local and mapped network drives by using the Registry Editor and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons and creating keys and values...
  7. Changing drive icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing drive icons in File Explorer: I have two HP laptops. On one, I have successfully changed the drive icons for both my local and mapped network drives by using the Registry Editor and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons and creating keys and values...
  8. File explorer icon changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer icon changes: [IMG] Hi, whenever I open file explorer and go to something like desktop, it opens a new window and changes the icon to the desktop icon. This is true for thing like documents where it opens the window and changes the icon to the documents icon. Below is an example. Any...
  9. Changing Folder Icon in File Explorer - Subfolder Inheritance

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Folder Icon in File Explorer - Subfolder Inheritance: Looking to change the Icon of a folder in file explorer and then having that icon inherit to every subfolder. Is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-icon-in-file-explorer-subfolder/03272e65-4e85-42a4-84ff-d3cf8e0ba194"
  10. Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer: I’m using Windows 10 Home V.1607 OS Build 14393.1593. I recently installed Boxcryptor but later decided against it and uninstalled it, but I notice that a Boxcryptor icon is still shown in File Explorer (the 1st item after Desktop) in the Navigation Pane. It also appears in...