Windows 10: File Explorer icon doesn't open

Discus and support File Explorer icon doesn't open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've noticed this morning. When I click on my File Explorer it opens in another taskbar tab with the My Computer icon. If I open music it opens in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kenna98, Dec 17, 2019.

1. kenna98 Win User

File Explorer icon doesn't open

I've noticed this morning.

When I click on my File Explorer it opens in another taskbar tab with the My Computer icon. If I open music it opens in another taskbar with the Music icon. And so on. I would really appreciate your help. I don't know if it's my computer problem or if this is a new Windows update.

Thank you for your help.

:)

kenna98, Dec 17, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

File Explorer icon doesn't open [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 17, 2019
  3. File Explorer not opening via pinned Taskbar icon on Windows 10

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I apologies for delay in reply. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to unpin the File explorer from the task bar and re-pin the File Explorer and check If issue is resolved. If issue persist, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 17, 2019
  4. File Explorer icon doesn't open

File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer icon doesn't open

1. File Explorer icon doesn't open - Similar Threads - File Explorer icon

2. File Explorer doesn't open with StartIsBack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer doesn't open with StartIsBack: Hello! My name is Bogdan Petru and I have a problem.I used StartIsBack and I had Open Shell installed and I used Remastered 7, but everytime I try to open File Explorer, it doesn't open.If you can help, please reply!...
  3. File Explorer doesn't open with StartIsBack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer doesn't open with StartIsBack: Hello! My name is Bogdan Petru and I have a problem.I used StartIsBack and I had Open Shell installed and I used Remastered 7, but everytime I try to open File Explorer, it doesn't open.If you can help, please reply!...
  4. File Explorer doesn't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer doesn't open: So well... My brother was using my pc and when he returned to me I was not able to open file explorer, well I was but I got an error inserted belowAnd yes, I get this error when I open File Explorer from the "Taskbar". Now yes, I can open any folder on the desktop and it...
  5. File Explorer doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer doesn't open: So well... My brother was using my pc and when he returned to me I was not able to open file explorer, well I was but I got an error inserted belowAnd yes, I get this error when I open File Explorer from the "Taskbar". Now yes, I can open any folder on the desktop and it...
  6. File Explorer doesn't open

7. Windows Explorer doesn't open

Windows Explorer doesn't open: Hi, I have an issue with my explorer.exe, on my taskbar it shows like it's working, when I switch betwen apps, it shows it, but at any momment, i can see the explorer windows. On task manager, explorer looks open, but no way to make it appear.I have already done a "Dism...
  8. File Explorer - Need assistance opening a file with an odd icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Need assistance opening a file with an odd icon: My file has a clock icon with an incomplete circle ending in an arrow surrounding it. Any suggestions on how to upload or open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-need-assistance-opening-a-file-with/f0e36b17-e3ab-484b-8b37-bc2d08780681
  9. Windows Explorer doesn't displaty .apk files with their icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer doesn't displaty .apk files with their icon.: Hello, There is still little, when I used Win7, Windows Explorer display by default (automatically) .apk files (android) with their icon. Since I switched to Win10, the .apk files have no icon. Is there any how to get the .apk files displayed with there icon in Windows...
  10. Opening File Explorer with large icon view

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening File Explorer with large icon view: It seems it takes longer then it should for windows to show the icon view, I know my system is older, but still it just seems to be slow. I get the green progress bar as the folders and files are refreshed. Isn't this cached? Any suggestions on how I can investigate this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open in explorer icon