Windows 10: File Explorer Icon not working

Discus and support File Explorer Icon not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on the Folder on the taskbar the only thing that happens is that the desktop goes off and right back on. It works in the Start Menu just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jackman33, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Jackman33 Win User

File Explorer Icon not working

When I click on the Folder on the taskbar the only thing that happens is that the desktop goes off and right back on. It works in the Start Menu just fine. When I left click and drag the icon, it just show a list of the programs that are pinned to the taskbar.

:)

Jackman33, Aug 21, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 21, 2015
  3. File Explorer Task Bar icon not working Windows 10

Thank you for those suggestions. I have completed them both, but the problem still persists. While this is not fatal, it is problematic and annoying. Any other suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

MonikaBehr, Aug 21, 2015
  4. File Explorer Icon not working

Right click on the File Explorer icon on the taskbar and unpin it. In the Search the web and Windows box type "file explorer" and right click on the icon. Choose pin to taskbar.

Report back, please.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Jackman33 Win User
    Thanks, I tried this and it still did not clear up the problem. This isn't my pc, and whoever upgraded to Win 10, put up a desktop icon called "This PC". It seems to work just like File Explorer but I'm just not used to it. I didn't see that at first. The owner would never know the difference since I am sure she knows nothing about these things. She sends the PC to me about every 3 months and have to clear out all of the malware etc. Thanks for your help, I guess I won't worry about it any longer!!

Jackman33, Aug 22, 2015
  6. "This PC" is the main system folder. It is part of the OS. In the past it has gone by the name "My Computer" and "Computer"

Cbarnhorst, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Icon not working

1. File Explorer Icon not working - Similar Threads - File Explorer Icon

2. File explorer icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer icons: When I open file explorer all the icons at the top move, copy etc have disappeared. How do I retrieve them? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icons/a766195e-f517-448a-9d12-17ff0c790d6c
  3. File explorer icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer icon size: Heyo Is there a way to set the size of every icon in file explorer to be the same all throughout my C drive? 159475
  4. File Explorer icons fix did not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer icons fix did not work: I tried both of these, and I still have generic icons in File Explorer where thumbnails should be. Could someone help me figure out how to get my thumbnails back? Rebuilding Thumbnail Cache: Now press Windows + S key together to open Search. Now type CMD and select...
  5. File Explorer- USB Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer- USB Icon: When I view a USB drive icon in file explorer it shows a red bar indicating data on the drive where the other drives show a light blue. The drive has 1.74 GB of open space on a 32 GB drive. The drive seems to function correctly and I've scanned it for viruses and there...
  6. icon refreshing in file explorer

icon refreshing in file explorer: When my Windows 10 file explorer opens a folder containing a .JPG file, it triggers a non-stop frenzy of repeatedly refreshing every icon in sight including the desktop and probably others as well. I have tried many suggestions for fixing things relating to Explorer but none...
  7. Duplicate File Explorer Icon

Duplicate File Explorer Icon: After no issues since installing Windows 10 when it was first released, my File Explorer icon now opens a duplicate icon to the right of my pinned icons on the taskbar. All new instances of File Explorer open in a group under the new icon. When I hover over the new icon, it...
  8. Jpeg icons in File Explorer

Jpeg icons in File Explorer: What do √ and >> mean when they appear on a jpeg icon in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-icons-in-file-explorer/f56102cb-a2c4-41e4-83e0-6b34b2fa06d5"
  9. file explorer icon on taskbar

file explorer icon on taskbar: My "file explorer icon" has disappeared from my taskbar. don't know how or when. where do I find it or how do I put it back there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/393db9be-718c-4052-92b0-e76ac3d3052c
  10. Where is icon for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is icon for File Explorer?: In the far left hand column of the Start Menu I have Power, Settings and my link but no File Explorer. Where is it any thoughts please? Win 10 V. 1607) 65692