Windows 10: File Explorer Icon not working

Discus and support File Explorer Icon not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on the Folder on the taskbar the only thing that happens is that the desktop goes off and right back on. It works in the Start Menu just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jackman33, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Jackman33 Win User

File Explorer Icon not working

When I click on the Folder on the taskbar the only thing that happens is that the desktop goes off and right back on. It works in the Start Menu just fine. When I left click and drag the icon, it just show a list of the programs that are pinned to the taskbar.

:)

Jackman33, Aug 21, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 21, 2015
  3. File Explorer Task Bar icon not working Windows 10

Thank you for those suggestions. I have completed them both, but the problem still persists. While this is not fatal, it is problematic and annoying. Any other suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

MonikaBehr, Aug 21, 2015
  4. File Explorer Icon not working

Right click on the File Explorer icon on the taskbar and unpin it. In the Search the web and Windows box type "file explorer" and right click on the icon. Choose pin to taskbar.

Report back, please.

Cbarnhorst, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Jackman33 Win User
    Thanks, I tried this and it still did not clear up the problem. This isn't my pc, and whoever upgraded to Win 10, put up a desktop icon called "This PC". It seems to work just like File Explorer but I'm just not used to it. I didn't see that at first. The owner would never know the difference since I am sure she knows nothing about these things. She sends the PC to me about every 3 months and have to clear out all of the malware etc. Thanks for your help, I guess I won't worry about it any longer!!

Jackman33, Aug 22, 2015
  6. "This PC" is the main system folder. It is part of the OS. In the past it has gone by the name "My Computer" and "Computer"

Cbarnhorst, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Icon not working

1. File Explorer Icon not working - Similar Threads - File Explorer Icon

2. Icons in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in file explorer: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Winows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. What does the pinned icon mean?thanks,Mark...
  3. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for my documents that is in the...
  4. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Icons: I would like File Explorer, Windows 10, to have as few as possible folders come to the screen when I open it. Yet, it is creating extra file icons that belong inside the main set of folders. Pictures, documents, etc.Example: I created a folder for documents. I expect to find...
  5. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Icons: Is there a list of the Icons that appear on Win Expl and what they mean? Recently perhaps after the recent update I have been seeing little blue circles with small arrow heads on them and some other *very* small doo-dads than are on the First letter of the folder name. Also,...
  6. File Explorer Icons

File Explorer Icons: Is there a list of the Icons that appear on Win Expl and what they mean? Recently perhaps after the recent update I have been seeing little blue circles with small arrow heads on them and some other *very* small doo-dads than are on the First letter of the folder name. Also,...
  7. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. File Explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Icons: I am trying to find the setting so I can see thumbnails of my pictures in file explorer. I also can not see previews of my pictures in the right hand panel. How do I make these adjustments....
  9. File explorer icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer icons: When I open file explorer all the icons at the top move, copy etc have disappeared. How do I retrieve them? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icons/a766195e-f517-448a-9d12-17ff0c790d6c
  10. File Explorer icons fix did not work

File Explorer icons fix did not work: I tried both of these, and I still have generic icons in File Explorer where thumbnails should be. Could someone help me figure out how to get my thumbnails back? Rebuilding Thumbnail Cache: Now press Windows + S key together to open Search. Now type CMD and select...